Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Honda Talon 1000 X4 SE. I am posting this I. Case anyone else has the same problem. At the end of a ride it was very hard to turn left. Thinking I bent my tie rod I ordered heavy duty ones and when I pulled the old ones off I realized after some investigation that I actually bent the steering rack and pinion. So, under warranty, it went to the shop. They fixed the rack and pinion and informed me this is like the 4th or 5th that Honda had had recently. Honda put out a bulletin announcing the issue and said possibly expect a recall. Apparently when this goes bad it almost always causes the “angle sensor” to go bad, as it is on top of the rack and pinion. This causes the “suspension warning” light to appear. Hopefully this helps someone because I went through some headaches to get it straightened around. Thank you

· Registered
402 Posts
2021 Honda Talon 1000 X4 SE. I am posting this I. Case anyone else has the same problem. At the end of a ride it was very hard to turn left. Thinking I bent my tie rod I ordered heavy duty ones and when I pulled the old ones off I realized after some investigation that I actually bent the steering rack and pinion. So, under warranty, it went to the shop. They fixed the rack and pinion and informed me this is like the 4th or 5th that Honda had had recently. Honda put out a bulletin announcing the issue and said possibly expect a recall. Apparently when this goes bad it almost always causes the “angle sensor” to go bad, as it is on top of the rack and pinion. This causes the “suspension warning” light to appear. Hopefully this helps someone because I went through some headaches to get it straightened around. Thank you
Just to clarify, this will not apply to a regular (NON Live Valve) Talon as they do not have a Steering Angle Sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.