·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a racing radios intercom system. This one to be exact:

SXS Intercom | 2P

And two rugged radio helmet kits. These :

Rugged Radios Offroad Helmet Kit with Flex Boom

I wired it all up and plugged them and and get no audio. I thought there would be no problem. Am I missing something here? We want non stop communication without hitting a button. I noticed there are 4/C and offroad wiring kits available from Racing radios. Are the headsets I bought 4/C or Offroad wiring? All of this audio stuff is so confusing with every company trying to reinvent the wheel, then make it their own flavor. Am I missing something here?

Thank all

·
Registered
402 Posts
Call rugged radios, they are great people to talk to you and will help out with any problem you have.
Like usual, you offer little to no useful help or information. Please go away permanently!

SXS Intercom | 2P

I wired it all up and plugged them and and get no audio. I thought there would be no problem. Am I missing something here? We want non stop communication without hitting a button. I noticed there are 4/C and offroad wiring kits available from Racing radios. Are the headsets I bought 4/C or Offroad wiring? All of this audio stuff is so confusing with every company trying to reinvent the wheel, then make it their own flavor. Am I missing something here?

Thank all
The SXS intercom come in 2 versions, IMSA and Off-Road. Rugged Radios systems mostly use Off-Road. Did you order the correct intercom?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im gonna go with no I didn't order the right intercom. It is an IMSA and I'm assuming that means my helmet kits are Off road. I guess I'll just order an intercom from rugged. I'm not about to pay $200 a helmet kit for racing radios. In my opinion the only reason this intercom is $125 is to force you into their helmet kits. Company is scamming people for $15 in equipment.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Im gonna go with no I didn't order the right intercom. It is an IMSA and I'm assuming that means my helmet kits are Off road. I guess I'll just order an intercom from rugged. I'm not about to pay $200 a helmet kit for racing radios. In my opinion the only reason this intercom is $125 is to force you into their helmet kits. Company is scamming people for $15 in equipment.
Send it back and exchange it for the "Off Road" version then it will work with the headphones you have from Rugged.

·
Registered
66 Posts

SXS Intercom | 2P

Thank all
I also have had lots of problems, my system was bought and installed by a registered rugged radio dealer, race radio, it all works and head sets but not happy with noise interference..hopefully just a faulty noise filter?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also have had lots of problems, my system was bought and installed by a registered rugged radio dealer, race radio, it all works and head sets but not happy with noise interference..hopefully just a faulty noise filter?
Well we installed new noise filter and antenna, Plus Rugged Customer Service worked with the dealer to reinstall and re wire the system in attempt to reduce the interference noise, bottom line spent $500 at dealer to improve my Honda Rugged Radio Kit, and Dealer said, Sorry we did all we could and still not great our guess due to a low quality product. I would not recommend the Rugged Radio Kit for Honda. PCI Baja Race Radios are much higher Quality and work the extra money, oh Plus my New Rugged Radio Head set has already broken after less than one year and I had to order new parts that will also only last one year in Baja heat. Rugged Radio not recommended for side by side engines that put out high frequency engine sounds, probably good for a jeep or pick up truck..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.