Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

So before going back to the Dunes @ Coos Bay, I bought some method wheels with some 30 inch sand stripper paddles. After my first outing , I noticed that the passenger side rear was missing about 3-4 inch of each paddle on the inside of the tire. I am guessing that the tolerance in putting these machines together is very loose. My drivers side rear is fine. I can see on the machine where it rubs.
Should I add rear spacers ? Is so which ones would you recommend?
In the image I attached is the wheel tire combo I was suggested by Method.

Carlo
Product Automotive tire Font Circle Cameras & optics

·
Registered
264 Posts
Those rear wheels with that wide of a tire will cause the tires to rub, you would need 5+5 wheels to clear or at least 1" spacers.

If it were me, I would go with 1.5" spacers (but no more than that). That way if you ever get new rims and dirt tires, you can use all the same wheels so you can rotate tires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you!
I have Sand Stripper tires on my 2021 1000X-4. I have 2" spacers which give me a nice gap between the paddles and control arms (notice the brake caliper position relative to the wheels/tires below).
Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle

The wheels are Tusk beadlocks from Rocky Mountain ATV (5+2) which would put the tires closer than I would like without the spacers.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

The spacers were used to widen the rear stance to get it closer to the stock width. The wheels are the same at all corners and the spacers place the rear wheels just a little wider at the rear (3-4 inches wider with spacers?). The package works real well in the sand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts