Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like official pricing has been confirmed, according to an article on ATV.com. The 1000X will start at $19,999 and the 1000R will be set at $20,999.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but at those prices the Talon will be cheaper than both the Textron Wildcat and the Polaris RZR. Seeing as how the Can Am Maverick was ranked dead last in sport UTV's, I don't think its much of a concern.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Even with the pricing we're seeing so far I think Honda still has room to offer more packages that could peak around the $25k range. How many of you are willing to pay that?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Maverick may be lower on the review list for 2019, but it was the best selling sports sxs just a few years ago. I think $20k is about the limit that most people are willing to invest in a sxs. Its already got enough bells and whistles.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Once Honda expands their reach with more models i'm sure that scale will eventually tip over to Honda.

Honda is already a sales leader with ATV's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think there are any adjustments that need to be made, so long as it delivers the reliability and build quality that we have come to expect from them. Not sure how many of them they plan on building for the first production run.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pricing is the only thing I see that needs to be addressed as more people are entering the side-by-side market. $20k is too much and lower price points will be required achieved by lower CC's and lower overall spec. For most people I know the Talon is overkill.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pricing could change if Honda decides to release a 4 up variant. The RZR has gone this route as have many other sports sxs's. 1000cc's is the norm for this class of atv.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just an update on this thread, I purchased a Talon X and had the dealer put a winch (with wiring harness), lightbar, Bluetooth radio and half windshield and the total came to 21 and change so there is wiggle room

1 - 10 of 10 Posts