Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Anybody try this pre-filter by BVC Off-road:

BVC Quick change Pre-filter + snorkle eliminator

Looks like it would work pretty well.
Just type in BVC in the search bar, you’ll see only one other post. I have seen guys post about it on Facebook, but just installation, no reviews of performance. My 2 cents, it still looks like it’s in a major dust area and you need to unscrew that plate to check and clean the filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed one my talon, easy install and works great, have the K&N filter, and is easy to get at to clean and re oil, IMHO beats putting on a ugly outside snorkel, performance is great, great aftermarket pre-filter.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The BVR looks like it is a descent solution. What you all think about - and take this with a grain of salt since I’m a cheap ass, nylon pantyhose on the inside of the black grate on the passenger side to capture the major dust. I’ve done that on many machines as a cheap prefilter. Other than wifey thinking I’m a weirdo going after her used nylons, seems to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes , even one better, there is a bell top on the plastic intake, take your nylon and slip it over the bell, it will be just like a pre-filter
you can take it off and replace when needed. cheap and no one will see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice idea —- I’m too lazy to get to it with all the plastic fasteners — lol
Just take off the top side vent, 4 or 5 push pins, and i think you can get at the top of the intake, you will have to try and see if you can put your hand in from there.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
137 Posts
I just ordered the BVC with K&N. My past experience with K&N has been so so. I don't really trust them as the only filter, but as a pre-filter I am fine with it. If it catches even just 90%, the Honda filter will get the rest and last a very long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts