Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use the UNI in air box prefilter and it is working great. What I don't like is having to remove the air box cover and factory air filter to gain access to the UNI pre filter. Those of you that have installed the 10-80 Dirt Sport TALON INTAKE PRE-FILTER kit, how is it working for you? Is the outside air filter secured well enough to take rough terrian without coming loose, yet easy enought to remove and replace?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I currently use the UNI in air box prefilter and it is working great. What I don't like is having to remove the air box cover and factory air filter to gain access to the UNI pre filter. Those of you that have installed the 10-80 Dirt Sport TALON INTAKE PRE-FILTER kit, how is it working for you? Is the outside air filter secured well enough to take rough terrian without coming loose, yet easy enought to remove and replace?
No problems yet. I installed mine last winter and have put about 2000 miles on this summer with not one issue. I keep a clean ,oiled Uni ready to go and switch after a weekend ride. so nice not to have to open up the airbox to clean it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ive had mine on since they were first released. Absolutely love it. I've done deserts, rock crawling and fire trails and it has not come loose at all. Its a great design and well worth the money.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Talon 1000x Fox Live
5 Posts
I have used mine for over a thousand miles. Including riding in desert dust. I have not changed the the stock filter since installing the prefilter. I could only find one area in the front of stock filter that has a slight dust spot. Probably my fault for not properly oiling the prefilter. Everywhere else the stock filter is like new. I believe it is the best option if you don’t want to modify the stock intake or add a particle separator. It has probably saved me a couple hundred dollars in stock filters already.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The filter with the kit does not use oil, I installed mine recently (100 miles ago), had me scared that I did not oil it, are y'all using a different pre-filter?

Desertcraft key features:
Desertcraft uses industrial quality, dry synthetic media with more open area than the primary filter for lower air flow restriction. These filters are USA made high quality and will last a long time. This dry media filter uses no oil and includes easy cleaning instructions for reuse. Dyno tests by PPEI show zero loss in horsepower with this system versus the stock intake with both tests using an OEM primary filter.

OP, its an awesome kit, the filter is very secure with a worm gear clamp, I installed a new factory air filter at the same time so I had a benchmark to go by, I plan to inspect it via the pre-filter opening with an inspection camera, just have not done that yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts