Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wanting to start a poll first with what is the best windshield for the Honda Talon. Reason for choice, pros and cons.
Discussions like these help us make good informed decisions on what products to buy and not throw away a bunch of money. Pluss its these discussions that also push the product developers to address issues and improve them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Glass or lexan?

I have both from honda, they are very high quality and fit great, EXCEPT right in the middle over the cowel there is a 1/8" gap ? I even slotted the holes on the cage and sanded the side mounts to drop it down a bit. Apparently most people don't have this issue. Not sure if the middle pice is different on mine, because it fits well everywhere else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I just got the x and was looking at the flip from super atv. Worried about the split being in my field of vision. I'm 6'4 wife's 5'4. Had a half and a full both worked good but once your out ur stuck with what's on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I got the honda plastic one only because they didn't have the glass in stock and I wanted to go to the snow.

I wish I would have held out and got a flip down one. Well, honestly, when the weather is nice, I prefer no windshield, but the wife and kids may have a different opinion. The nice thing about the honda plastic windshield is that it comes off pretty easy, just need a flat head or plastic button tool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am 6ft 2 and I am running the SuperATv flip and I am very happy with it no problems with the view out the front. I have talked to many riders who all say that a flip is the best because of its range of use. You can run it closed avoid the dust and mud; you can run it vented; or you can run it open when its really hot. Just cannot beat the flexibility it having the best of both worlds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Nothing made for Honda Talon! At least in terms of polymer windshields. That's why I put a Yamaha YXZ 2016 to 2018 model windshield on my Honda Talon. Main Reasons :
1) 1/4 and 1/3 split windshields that flip do nothing but block interfere with your view and suck dust from the back. The Yamaha lets it vent from the bottom if needed.
2) The yamaha windshield is the ONLY windshield in the business that completely flips 100 percent out of your view onto the roof. When it's dirty it's gone. Also, most companies are are lying, if they say " full flip" ; you can still see it from a driving position after it is flipped.
3) Speed!! I wanted something that can handle at least 95 mph and I've had a rocket ship fast YXZ in the past and the windshields worked flawless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I just got the x and was looking at the flip from super atv. Worried about the split being in my field of vision. I'm 6'4 wife's 5'4. Had a half and a full both worked good but once your out ur stuck with what's on.
I just installed the flip up from super atv. I had a 1/4 windshield in my Rzr which I like 80% of the time, the other 20% was either rain or cold temps. I’m 5’7 and can see very well over the lower area where the split is located. For me it was a good choice and offers a lot flexibility for open closed or vented.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
SuperATV flip up, 1500 miles, love the versatility and that you can open and close it without stopping or getting out of the vehicle, which you have to do with other designs.

I use Plexus to clean it, no scratches or issues with it, I'm 6'3" no vision complaints
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top