Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me what would be the best option to get me closest to a plush ride? I bought the upper bandit tender spring which made my ride better but I’m wanting something that makes a whole new machine so to speak.... Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Weller Racing did my Talon and it made a HUGE difference. Not sure where you are but they are in Arizona. I took my shocks off and sent them in and they sent them back and only took 5 days total.

Shock Therapy (also in Arizona) is another but they seem to be more desert race oriented so they may not soften it up as much as you like.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just had shock therapy do mine. Very happy with it. Softened up ride alot over stock. I did springs, revalve, and dual speed compression adjusters. Around 2k. Worth the money for sure. Better improvement than even the turbo. Paulf is right about they are desert guys but will ask you alot of questions about where and how you ride. Just went the desert last weekend for the first time and the new shocks eat up huge whoops and rough chatter. Still choppy in the really rocky sections ( 6 inch rocks everywhere) but I didn't expect them to make that like glass anyway. The key is setting them up correctly. Weller is just down the road from shock therapy and has a great reputation also. I went with with shock therapy because I've seen their stuff work in the field. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I’m from Ga and the terrain is well, like the weather, changes every 10 min. LOL Shock Therapy sounds great although I really want to keep it under a grand. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ What about the top and bottom spring replacement, is that a HUGE improvement.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks guys! I’m from Ga and the terrain is well, like the weather, changes every 10 min. LOL Shock Therapy sounds great although I really want to keep it under a grand. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ What about the top and bottom spring replacement, is that a HUGE improvement.
No, don't waste your money. Changing the springs is an expensive Band-Aid. The main problem is not the springs, it is the shock valving. Weller has an option for the X for $750 because they can use the stock springs, add crossover rings and re-valve the shocks. It is the re-valving and crossovers that do 90% of the improvement on the X.

Give them a call or email and see if your bandit tenders will work. They were extremely responsive to my emails (all 15 of them).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome PaulF!! Thanks for the advice. I will email them today or tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another talon owner here recommended G Force out of Tennessee - may save some shipping costs.
I agree with Paul, I changed tender springs and it seemed liked a training exercise on how to change springs for no reason. I knew it was a failure when the springs were off and the piston rod would not budge.
Waste of time - valving changes needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 19pSU! TN would definitely be a bit less shipping cost. Seems like I remember a post on here where someone said they were near Brimstone/ Knoxville area or maybe I dreamed that.... lol I am getting old fast.

·
Registered
168 Posts
once I scrape some cash together I’m going so send mine out to them or FCR Suspension and “just make it plush as you can” for east coast rock ridden trails and put the schrader valves in. Should be about $1500 for all 4 corners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might, and that’s a big might, be willing to sell one of my deer rifles to get a plush ride... For me, that would be a big step..ha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We just got a new park down here. 5000 acres and it’s becoming a Premier Park very fast!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Could someone please tell me what would be the best option to get me closest to a plush ride? I bought the upper bandit tender spring which made my ride better but I’m wanting something that makes a whole new machine so to speak.... Thanks for any help in advance!
I did the same thing on my “X”. I have since ordered a full set of Elka stage 5 shocks with slow/high speed compression adjusters, and rebound adjuster. No matter what you have done to your stock shocks, you still won’t have rebound adjustment. For a shock to perform perfectly, you need to be able to adjust all movements.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just had shock therapy do mine. Very happy with it. Softened up ride alot over stock. I did springs, revalve, and dual speed compression adjusters. Around 2k. Worth the money for sure. Better improvement than even the turbo. Paulf is right about they are desert guys but will ask you alot of questions about where and how you ride. Just went the desert last weekend for the first time and the new shocks eat up huge whoops and rough chatter. Still choppy in the really rocky sections ( 6 inch rocks everywhere) but I didn't expect them to make that like glass anyway. The key is setting them up correctly. Weller is just down the road from shock therapy and has a great reputation also. I went with with shock therapy because I've seen their stuff work in the field. Good luck. View attachment 2203
Do they add rebound adjusters?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Weller Racing did my Talon and it made a HUGE difference. Not sure where you are but they are in Arizona. I took my shocks off and sent them in and they sent them back and only took 5 days total.

Shock Therapy (also in Arizona) is another but they seem to be more desert race oriented so they may not soften it up as much as you like.
Does Weller add rebound adjusters, or are you still only adjusting the compression, not the rebound?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do they add rebound adjusters?
No rebound unfortunately. But with a 32 inch spare hanging off the back I haven't had any packing or bucking issues. I mostly ride desert and can do 65 mph over some really nasty whoops for an extended length. Just couldn't justify 6 grand for the really good stuff. Maybe if I start racing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts