Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have say the Honda Talon X is a PIECE OF SHIT. 2 Weeks old and I have a battery that is completely dead. Now I have a over heated transmission a check engine light on. I’m ready to sell and take a loss. Maybe buy a Yamaha. Honda should be ashamed to send a unit out like this. I was hoping it caught on fire and burned. i owned a Arctic Cat Wild Cat for 4 Years, Never a issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out it is the PGM-FI Code Flashing and the Transmission Code Flashing, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
24 Posts
98% are perfect so it is a fluke. Run it into the dealer as that is what the warranty is for. Sometimes an electrical issue will cause some odd lights and codes..
Good luck and don't panic and take a loss. Let a good dealer look at it and fix it for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get that, but the dealer is 90 minutes away from where I live. I shouldn’t be having so many issues on a machine that has less then 75 miles on it. Honda dropped the ball on this one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98% are perfect so it is a fluke. Run it into the dealer as that is what the warranty is for. Sometimes an electrical issue will cause some odd lights and codes..
Good luck and don't panic and take a loss. Let a good dealer look at it and fix it for you.
Code54,
Does the transmission have a fuse associated with it or something I can unplug and reset the trans without having to travel to the dealer?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I will gladly trade you my Yamaha YXZ for your Talon X....I both a YXZ and Talon X. I would rather just have 2 Talons. Not that the YXZ isn't a good machine but I definitely would not pick it over my Talon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Code54,
Does the transmission have a fuse associated with it or something I can unplug and reset the trans without having to travel to the dealer?
Don't know of any fuse but you can reset the system. I believe it is under the drivers side seat. -you need to jumper the wires to reset. There is a procedure bit off the top of my head I didn't recall it Check Hondasxs.com - it is the same as the pioneer 1000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have say the Honda Talon X is a PIECE OF SHIT. 2 Weeks old and I have a battery that is completely dead. Now I have a over heated transmission a check engine light on. I’m ready to sell and take a loss. Maybe buy a Yamaha. Honda should be ashamed to send a unit out like this. I was hoping it caught on fire and burned. i owned a Arctic Cat Wild Cat for 4 Years, Never a issue.
I have only had a gear in low side go out on mine. But I'm very hard on my talon. Now the battery going dead could be from a sound bar if you got one. If you do out a kill switch on your hot wire. Most sound bars pull power even if bike is off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts