Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestion in better gas pedal control when trail riding. It seem to be very "jerky". it does not seem to compensate for you foot bouncing on he gas pedal when trail riding. The gas pedal seems to have a weird position compared to other SXS.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Talon needs a heel support to stabilize your foot.
I made up a temporary out of a piece of wood 3/4" x 1 1/2" by 4 1/4" long and cut a 45 degree angle to the front face. Used two screws to hold it down to make sure it was in the location that worked best for me.
I have since replaced it made out of aluminum angle welded to a plate for mounting.
My Polaris RZR had a recessed spot in the floor board to do the same thing.

I also had my shocks reworked by Shock Therapy with new dual rate springs and internal valving.
This helped considerable in the ride of the Talon....DRK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any suggestion in better gas pedal control when trail riding. It seem to be very "jerky". it does not seem to compensate for you foot bouncing on he gas pedal when trail riding. The gas pedal seems to have a weird position compared to other SXS.
Rest your heel on the floor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rest your heel on the floor

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Talon needs a heel support to stabilize your foot.
I made up a temporary out of a piece of wood 3/4" x 1 1/2" by 4 1/4" long and cut a 45 degree angle to the front face. Used two screws to hold it down to make sure it was in the location that worked best for me.
I have since replaced it made out of aluminum angle welded to a plate for mounting.
My Polaris RZR had a recessed spot in the floor board to do the same thing.

I also had my shocks reworked by Shock Therapy with new dual rate springs and internal valving.
This helped considerable in the ride of the Talon....DRK
DRK, do you feel like the Shock Therapy improvements are worth the $1600+?

·
Registered
17 Posts
absolutely, The difference in ride quality was night and day.
Everyone that test drives my Talon X can not believe how smooth and comfortable it is now compared to when it was stock, and it still handles excellent at high speeds thru the whoops ect.
I took my Talon to their shop and had them do the setup.
I have sense added around 100 lbs to the rear with cargo box, tools, fuel can ect. So I do bottom out occasionally now.
Called and talked to Shock Therapy, they said to add up weight and send a picture and they would send updated tender springs to compensate for my upgrades. Don't remember the price quoted, but was reasonable to me at the time.
Just need to get on the ball and do it....DRK

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good to know! I suspect I’ll be sending my shocks off this winter to get them the way they should have been from the factory!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts