Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Removed the black plastic intake snorkel type tube from the right side of the air box and above the rear tire. It's a little work. Has to come out under the right side above the rear tire. Made a 3 inch 45 degree black plastic tube to put in place of the stock tube that a UNI filter fits on. You can service the filter through the triangle air intake vent by the roll bar. It is a little tight but can be done (must use the UNI brand filter) That way I don't have to take the air box apart all of the time. You can also make it a 90 degree bend or straight coming out of the right side of the air box

·
Registered
55 Posts
Removed the black plastic intake snorkel type tube from the right side of the air box and above the rear tire. It's a little work. Has to come out under the right side above the rear tire. Made a 3 inch 45 degree black plastic tube to put in place of the stock tube that a UNI filter fits on. You can service the filter through the triangle air intake vent by the roll bar. It is a little tight but can be done (must use the UNI brand filter) That way I don't have to take the air box apart all of the time. You can also make it a 90 degree bend or straight coming out of the right side of the air box
You know what they say?
” a picture is worth a thousand words”
do you have a picture?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are some pictures of the air intake using the remodeled stock intake tube from inside the box on the right side above the rear tire. I removed the tube from the air filter box. Cut the funky knobs off, sealed the holes off and put on the filter then reinstall it back on the filter box. Last picture shows the hose clamp at the end of the filter box. That's where you remove and replace the tube. Filter and tube can be put in and service done through side vent. Only thing I had to buy was a UNI filter. Unscrew the dirty filter. Put on a clean and lightly oiled new one. Wash the dirty filter for a spare. REMEMBER TO OIL THE FILTERS BEFORE INSTALLING.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts