Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with a bracket lift for the front of their Talon? I have a 1000X-4 LV with 32" wheels and with fast downhill or sharp turns I get some rubbing on the inside of the wheel wells. I'm thinking these 3" lift brackets, which lower the top mounting position of the front shocks will help.

Thank you.

·
Vendor
211 Posts
A lift should help with the tire clearance, but if you're doing a lot of fast riding in tight areas with rocks and hills in off camber situations.....I think you'd be much better suited getting our forward A-arms. You ran run up to a 34" with no rubbing and no lift, and not have to worry about being tippy in those situations.

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A lift should help with the tire clearance, but if you're doing a lot of fast riding in tight areas with rocks and hills in off camber situations.....I think you'd be much better suited getting our forward A-arms. You ran run up to a 34" with no rubbing and no lift, and not have to worry about being tippy in those situations.
When do you think you'll get the pre-installed ball joints back in stock? Thank you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do not have any experience with the part you are looking at but I can tell you that a lift is not the direction I would want to go unless you don't care about the ride performance. You may get a bigger tire under you but you will raise your center of gravity and will loose stability like Super ATV said. There forward A-arms are the answer to bigger tires without the performance and stability lose. All you are giving up is a little turning radius with the forward a-arms due to a longer wheel base. To each there own....and actually as you push the car up more by a lift your a-arms will be at a greater angle making the car actually narrower leading to less stability yet. My next thought would be are you sure that the front axel can handle more angle before axel bind. If I am looking at it right the front wheel will actually bottom out now 3" lower than before putting a greater degree on the axel. Not trying to be negative here but don't want you spending your money without all the variables....Good luck with your ride!!

I had my suspension done on my X and it is a beast and doesn't nose dive either....

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not have any experience with the part you are looking at but I can tell you that a lift is not the direction I would want to go unless you don't care about the ride performance. You may get a bigger tire under you but you will raise your center of gravity and will loose stability like Super ATV said. There forward A-arms are the answer to bigger tires without the performance and stability lose. All you are giving up is a little turning radius with the forward a-arms due to a longer wheel base. To each there own....and actually as you push the car up more by a lift your a-arms will be at a greater angle making the car actually narrower leading to less stability yet. My next thought would be are you sure that the front axel can handle more angle before axel bind. If I am looking at it right the front wheel will actually bottom out now 3" lower than before putting a greater degree on the axel. Not trying to be negative here but don't want you spending your money without all the variables....Good luck with your ride!!

I had my suspension done on my X and it is a beast and doesn't nose dive either....
I appreciate this feedback and also want to avoid axle bind and performance loss, which was why I brought this up! What did you do to your suspension? Thanks again!

·
Registered
99 Posts
G-Force Racing Technologies and suspension out of Johnson City Tennessee is where I got my suspension done. He knows his stuff and totally transformed my machine. He is basically the East coast version of Shock Therapy. I did springs, valving, and high/low compression adjuster. The high low compression adjuster is not what most shops have in their package. I wanted full adjustability for the different types of riding I do. The three position clicker (QS3) does not flow near as good as the full high/low compression adjuster does. The high/low adjuster alone is an upgrade and improves the shock performance by itself as it flows more than the QS3. I have $2,000 in my setup and basically $500 or so of that is the high low compression adjusters. Suspension is the best upgrade I do on all my performance based stuff! After suspension then I start adding power! :geek:

IMG_20200904_153923.jpg IMG_20200904_170419.jpg
IMG_20200913_152725.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone have experience with a bracket lift for the front of their Talon? I have a 1000X-4 LV with 32" wheels and with fast downhill or sharp turns I get some rubbing on the inside of the wheel wells. I'm thinking these 3" lift brackets, which lower the top mounting position of the front shocks will help.

Thank you.

I went with the 1-1/2" froward a arms on my 1000x live valve 2 seater and i run 34" tires very rarely in extreme turning situations I will get a slight rub I only know this because I can feel it in my foot just a real slight vibration other than that it works great and I don't ever feel as if I'm about to tip or anything like that

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with the 1-1/2" froward a arms on my 1000x live valve 2 seater and i run 34" tires very rarely in extreme turning situations I will get a slight rub I only know this because I can feel it in my foot just a real slight vibration other than that it works great and I don't ever feel as if I'm about to tip or anything like that
Thank you for the reply. I've decided to get the forward offset A-Arms after all the great feedback. Just waiting for SuperATV to get the ball joints back in stock!

·
Vendor
211 Posts
When do you think you'll get the pre-installed ball joints back in stock? Thank you.
Hey! We have it all in stock right now. Its probably coming up that way because we haven't pressed any in and boxed them back up. I'll make sure we get some knocked out and try to get them live on the website with the ball joints installed maybe by the end of the day or tomorrow. Shooting a pm.

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also have the SuperATV forward A-Arms and they work.
Did you upgrade the ball joints, or did you re-use the stock ones? The extra $300 gets pre-installed 4340 chromoly, which are 2X stronger. Not sure if that's a part that breaks very often....

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
When I purchased their 4 inch portals they came with upgraded lowers and I went ahead and upgraded the uppers at that time. I started a thread on Broken Upper Ball joint. SuperATV replaced it for free.

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What camber setting did you use? SuperATV says a Negative 1 degree. Just checking. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are your thoughts on the 34” tires? All stock? I realize bluedog1210 is running 35’s, but with mods.

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As a follow up I bought the offset A-Arms. Upgraded ball joints while I was at it. Sanded and painted so they are matchy matchy. One side done, one to go!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts