Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Welcome, G.Bell I am from South Florida, so just a little wormer on an average day. What kind of Talon do you have and where do you drive. I would love to see a picture of the trails you ride on. Again welcome and I hope you find the form as useful as I have. Drive safely and keep smiling.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
G. Bell, Wondering where you ride in MO on the talon. Ever try St. Joe with the machine? Looking at getting an R, but want input of size for MO state parks

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Welcome Sharkman, see you do not like advertisements either. Welcome and have fun with the forum. I ride an x and it is legal (fairly sure the r are too) in the federal parks had to have it inspected and paid a fee at one and what they were interested in was the width and size of the tires. In any case there was a lot of information on each of the parks here in South Florida on their web sites. Good to check with them first. Welcome, ride safe and do have fun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
G. Bell, Wondering where you ride in MO on the talon. Ever try St. Joe with the machine? Looking at getting an R, but want input of size for MO state parks
I rode St. Joe's with my Talon X. It was a lot of fun! You would have been fine with an R but if most of your riding would be at St. Joe's or places like that then my opinion is the X would be the better car. The trails were tight and any less turning radius would have meant more turns that needing reverse. I have to friends that ride St. Joe's and they both got X's also. Hope that helps with your decision.... I love these Honda Talons and don't really think either one is the wrong choice. Both have positives over the other.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Thank you for taking time to reply! Did you see any R's at the place or primarily X's in the Honda lineup? Have you done any other trails in MO that you would recommend?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did see another X there but I can't remember seeing any R's. I have not been to any other parks in Missouri. I would like to get to some more and get to Arkansas also. Most of my riding is in Tennessee, Illinois, or Indiana. We typically get year-long passes to Ride Royal blue, Tackett Creek, or Brimstone. I have not regretted the direction of car I went with on those trails. I do believe the X's suspension missed the mark a little. I run mine at the number two setting but I run at decently fast speed so the suspension is a lot softer at high speeds. There are parts of the R suspension that I wish was on the X But I feel like I would be more frustrated with the turning radius of the R on the trails I ride more than the suspension. I also believe that the industry will start building much better suspension parts for the X due to the fact that the four-seater (which is growing in popularity) shares the same suspension. That's just my .02.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I
Welcome, G.Bell I am from South Florida, so just a little wormer on an average day. What kind of Talon do you have and where do you drive. I would love to see a picture of the trails you ride on. Again welcome and I hope you find the form as useful as I have. Drive safely and keep smiling.
I have a 2020 live valve 4 seater. We mostly ride the dunes with it. But occasionally we ride trails in the woods.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Fantastic, G. Bell, I would love to try that, we have a little sand but limited to the size of a football field, just enough to wet your appetite. I would love experience real dunes, do send pictures and relay your experiences. Ride safe and do have fun, seems like you are doing just that!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hay G.Bell, time for you to hook up a little N2O and kick it up a bit! 50 shot should be a nice starting point. :p

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
In an old race El Camino I used a CO2 bottle wrapped around the fuel lines then coiled in the intake to cool off the intake charge and finally shout out over the radiator, in a normally asperated big block Chevy with a power glide. On hot days at Hallsville Tx it did make a difference. Also fun to hit the button when someone walked by. If you do cool down the Honda that hooked with the turbo should be a hoot t for you. Did you have to run the stock exhaust with the turbo? I looked at one but will not work with my IGR as the shift modules I now use would not work according to Jackson. Oh well guess I have to work with the head, valves and camshaft to get even a little close to the turbo. Than again I think there is a supercharger that might be ok.

Love the look of your ride and it is so clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you on the clean comment i do like for my stuff to be spotless. The exhaust is stock i bought a EVO system but took it off when i switched to the turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I understand why but man i wish the Jackson kit allowed for custom tuning and a wide band o2 reading also logging capability would be very nice. Again i completely understand why its not an option just wish we had the option to sign a waiver on warranty and let me do my own thing!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Me to, I ride in the mud and the intercooler would be a big problem, not to mention the intake. In addition, it would not work with the Internal Gear Reduction at all. Just not built with mud and deeper water in mind. I understand as well, you cant build a kit that fits everyone's needs. I will be doing a radiator relocation in the next week or two to take care of that issue. There are other supercharger/turbo options just not ready to go there yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts