Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hope Soon to be Owner...
Sold my Pioneer 1000...
money in Bank waiting to Locate and Buy New X or R...
will by X or R Live...if in stock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you live near Pueblo, Colorado, Strictly Powersports has the X Live Valve (Only 1 left) for 23663.00 and R Live Valve for 24663.00.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will contact and make the choice to drive there...again Thanks.
will Let All know when I purchase with a picture.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was offered a used 2020 Talon 1000R with 460 miles on it, In Gainsville GA...
i will pass on info if someone is interested....
I am gonna hold out for that Prestigious Shiney New X or R or XLive or RLive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Took the Step...Made Deposit Down on 1000X Fox Live.....
Due to ship June 29th to dealer....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Thats what I originally wanted, was a 2-seater...In these mountains 4-seater would limit where can ride...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pierre, I’m an ol guy...Looking for the best easy ride I could get...why I chose Fox Live...Live in Appalachian Mtns is why I chose X Model...
What model you choose?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, hope Soon to be Owner...
Sold my Pioneer 1000...
money in Bank waiting to Locate and Buy New X or R...
will by X or R Live...if in stock.
I would not pay the extra for live valve not worth it. I have both and prefer the non live valve

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have waited to End of August for Standard X...I got decent deal and chose X Fox...
I put 2100 miles on my 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000-3...
pretty sure New Talon Will be like Luxury Car in comparison...
i like good advice....though

I see people riding in Deep water, some even up in the seats and Higher...
I have only went thru water deep enough to come in floor of Pioneer...
Water cannot be good on these machines?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m an old guy too. I’ve slowed down a lot so I went with base model talon x. I also ride in the foothills of the Appalachian chain. Based out of Alabama. I elected to save $ and not go with live valve. I can see it’s purpose in high speed dunes but not on trails in low range. Plus I like to tune just about anything I touch. I’m currently sleeping in the dog house with rasko because I couldn’t help but buy a few extra accessories. I can’t wait to pull out my tools and then go ride. I headed to wind rock over the 4th so i gatta get break in complete and oils changed before then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree, if I want to play in the water I’ll buy a boat. Heavy mud is not my gig either. I like to take care of my equipment. They are tuff and will push it but I don’t heal as fast as I use to and somebody cut my money tree down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m in transition from a Polaris ranger 900xp to a 2021 talon 1000x. As an ex-dirt biker, I think this thing is going to open a new entertainment world for me that I can’t live without.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG...we could get along Great...Maybe ride together....My wife/I have a Fifth Wheel...Should’ve bought Toupy Hauler...But she does have a 1500 and can pull trailer pretty well...even back a boat in the water...Yes I Got a Keeper...43 years this August.
I had a 2009 700 Big Red...1800 miles ..Winch Blade...All Accessories...Sold it for $7500...
sold the Pioneer with 2100 miles no winch...few extras sold $12000...
and I recently sold my Bass Boat...so had money to Buy Talon...Will buy Windshield/Rearview Mirror as soon as It Ships to Dealer.
After That..,maybe one accessory per month...Back Window..Lower Doors...Extended Fender Flares...maybe Cargo/Bumper rack...
ok, I typed too much...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We Love Riding...we are Blessed with the amout we have available here in Eastern Ky...IF People will Stop Trashing up the Trails...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im choosing the SuperATV Scratch Resistant 3-IN-1 Flip Windshield for Honda Talon 1000 (2019+)...
any Advice from any/all will be appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I heard that. I’ve taught my wife how to spot for me when I pull my 5th wheel toy hauler. She is not much for reverse gear. I sold my bass boat to pay off tractor to justify talon purchase. It was the front and rear windows, bumpers and radio that raised the eyebrow but when I spilt my beer on the carpet it was time for rasko to move it on over.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think that is the one I got. Just got to keep a water handy to wash it sometimes. Like to open and shut it on dusty roads in the summer.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts