Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new Term MAX tires are pretty stinkin' sick. Super lightweight and CRAZY aggressive! Check'em out!

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, we've put some big ol' rubber on some 4" portals! Lol! That was all we made for the first couple years. So...we've probably ran lots of 40"s and 44"s on 4" portals over the years.

We make some killer bigger rims! But...if you're looking for different sizes than what we currently carry...which is usually around a 22" or 24" for the big rubber....I've always personally liked MSA and Fuel wheels.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
What did you have to do to run 44s on a 4" Portal? If it is possible I want to figure out how to do in on a 2019 Honda Talon 1000x currently have 1 1/2 inch spacers and I do have one set of 2 inch spacers. The front will be the challenge. Has the 1.5 inch forward A arms installed and upper springs that help just a bit. I your 44s (Terminator MAX) will require now it would require 24 inch wheels and the 42s require 22 inch wheels.

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think we ran the R model 6" portals with the 44"s. I'll get all the specs. Holy $h1t, that's going to be awesome. BTW....we're about to release the 8" portals for it...and they're all offset so you can sneak a WAY bigger tire on there! I don't have the exact date yet, but.....they should be ready in the next couple of weeks. The 44"s need 24" wheels while the 42"s only need 22" wheels. The 8" portals need a minimum of a 22" wheel so.......are we about to see some 8" on that beast?!!??!!??! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:;)

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Are you going to make them in a 40" the tread pattern looks great. Just not sure if I can shoe horn a 42" in. May have to try and raise the Talon an inch or two but first I want to get the radiator relocation project done. Do the upgrades ever stop?
:p

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to make them in a 40" the tread pattern looks great. Just not sure if I can shoe horn a 42" in. May have to try and raise the Talon an inch or two but first I want to get the radiator relocation project done. Do the upgrades ever stop?
:p
Lol!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: C'mon now! You know that would looks good with some 44"s! Just get the sawzall out! 🤣🤣
Not sure about the 40" yet. We've talked about expanding the sizes, but that was before the whole Covid stuff, so I think those discussions were tabled for a minute. I'd like to see more. The 35"s are pretty sweet too. I'll definitely post when I hear anything.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Almost finished with the radiator relocation and that has been quite a project. In any case, then looking at what options are out there for mudding. No rush just want to have it all figured out by November for the Everglades run.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I finished the radiator relocation and am starting to look at tires and wheels again. I think the very largest I could fit would be 42s and that may be a mistake. What do you think I would have to do to make them work, moving from 1.5 to 2 inch spacer, going to shocks that would allow another inch in height. Putting the 2" puck kit in (ugh!) or other things I have missed.

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, that's hard to say. You'd definitely need those bigger spacers to help clear. The R's will clear a 38 with the 4" portals and forward arms, but it looks like you're limited to about a 34/35 without going any wider. Now...I know some dealers were throwing 35"s and 37"s on there stock with 2" spacers, but it really just depends on how much rubbing your ok with....and it you want to pull out that sawzall. ;)

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Ok, do you have any idea how much plastic I have to remove and if it involves modifying the frame. The plastic is no big deal and without a radiator in front it is wide open now. I will send a picture and tape off the area I suspect will have to be modified. The Talon is at the dealer today I had them do an alignment to be sure all of the modifications on the arms are properly set. Hope someone has done the modifications before me but If so I can't find them. I am going to have to stop doing the projects first at some point I just want to ride! :cool:

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol!! Its a addicting!! I'm not exactly sure on how much clearance you'll need, but it shouldn't be much...especially with those wheel spacers. I should be able to get to the one in the shop next week. I've seen a whole lot of builds online lately, and I'm watching them for tire sizes. I'll start digging.

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well....with the X model, it looks like you may be able to get away with the 42"s on 8" portals and forward arms with some possible rubbing. But those 42"s will be rubbing really bad with that combo on 4" portals. We will have a big lift ready for it really soon, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. That would definitely get you up there, but you'll be a lot wider for sure. BUT....you have to go wider when you go taller.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Any information on your new lift kit for the x. Send picks when you can, I am wanna try the first ones as long as they are not pucks. Gotta reach the sky! :p

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any information on your new lift kit for the x. Send picks when you can, I am wanna try the first ones as long as they are not pucks. Gotta reach the sky! :p
Lol! You got it buddy! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That one got pushed back a bit after all this Covid stuff, but looks like we're maybe 2 months out. Hopefully.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts