Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Thanks for the add! We picked up our new orange baby on Monday, have been out for a quick spin on some of the more fun minimum maintenance roads around our area, had a BLAST, love the machine! Came from a RZR XP4, love everything about the Honda except it seems to be quite a bit stiffer riding...like a lot. Did a little research here and seems to be a common thing. Is there anyone who tunes the live valve dampers, can I send them to Fox? Also, is it more the valving or spring rate...or both on these live valve machines? Even if there isn't a lot we can do about the stiffer ride we still are absolutely in love with the machine! So glad to have no more belts issues...or crappy Polaris quality issues. Can't wait to get this thing out to the Black Hills in a few weeks and see what she's really capable of!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m loving ours (bought it almost 2 months ago)! I’m wondering if we got lucky, but I have no problems with the suspension being to stiff? Keep enjoying the machine!

·
Registered
2020 1000X-4
7 Posts
I’m loving ours (bought it almost 2 months ago)! I’m wondering if we got lucky, but I have no problems with the suspension being to stiff? Keep enjoying the machine!
Most people are sending their live valve shocks to Shock Therapy for a re-valve and new springs. It’s the geometry of the rear suspension that’s the main problem of a stiffer feeling ride, but people I’ve spoken to love the ride afterwards. I left mine stock and put 32’s on with a spare and heavy bag of tools in the back. That improved the ride enough for me and the family.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It is the springs and valving that is making it stiff. The geometry doesn't make it stiff. The geometry effects how fast it can go through whoops But if you are wanting a plush ride springs and valving will accomplish that and keep how awesome the talon handles which the talons suspension geometry is set up amazingly for that. Different geometries for different things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts