Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, I’m Kyle. Been wheeling extremely built Jeep wranglers most of my adult life and finally bought my first side by side. We use several of them at work and my brother has had a RZR for several years. It was finally time to retire my 2003 Honda rincon from hunting and homestead work. So when I saw Honda was putting out a side by side with driveshafts I was in. Initially I was leaning towards the pioneer for more work related use but the Talon looked like too much fun.

So I bought it a week or so ago and the first long ride out I cut the sidewall on BOTH passenger side tires. Being a Saturday the dealer wasn’t open again until Tuesday so after a lot of measuring and reading I ordered a set of sti hd9 beadlock wheels and 32” x comp atrs. And while I was burning money, I picked up a winch and hitch as well. I think skid plates are next so we’ll see how long I can manage my self control.

After a fair amount of trail riding (200 miles), the Talon has really impressed me. I seem to have more clearance than the rzr’s I ride with, even with 2” and 4” smaller tires. It seems to do everything as well or better than the rzr’s with a couple exceptions: turning, absorbing initial bumps, and breaking down. The automatic is great and for the riding I spend most of my time doing. it always seems to be in the right gear. And rapidly my list of tweaks and upgrades is growing but Honda really got this one right, in my opinion.
F03F93BD-5632-43D8-803C-3C5D6D9A7F1C.jpeg

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Hi Hoodie, your new Talon looks very nice. Sorry you cut the tires, I have been lucky as there are several pipes sticking out of the ground where I ride. In any case, glad you are having a good experience with the new Talon. Please post on any additions in the forum and glad to see you here. Your new tires and wheels look awesome..

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Hoodie, your new Talon looks very nice. Sorry you cut the tires, I have been lucky as there are several pipes sticking out of the ground where I ride. In any case, glad you are having a good experience with the new Talon. Please post on any additions in the forum and glad to see you here. Your new tires and wheels look awesome..
Thanks! it worked out ok. Honda actually gave me a pair of takeoffs to replace them. You really can’t beat having a quality dealer that cares about their customers. So now I have a spare set of wheels and tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts