Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and i just bought our talon. been looking for almost a year for the right deal and then to even find one. im glad to say we are now proud onwers of a 21 talon 1000x4!was a little disappointed to get home and find that the radio we purchased someone forgot to add an antenna in the kit. so now we need to get an antenna for the rugged radio system. any suggestions? i would like a quick detach antenna if available.
anyhow, hope to find others to share the trails with in nw az area in the coming months, and get this thing broken in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my wife and i just bought our talon. been looking for almost a year for the right deal and then to even find one. im glad to say we are now proud onwers of a 21 talon 1000x4!was a little disappointed to get home and find that the radio we purchased someone forgot to add an antenna in the kit. so now we need to get an antenna for the rugged radio system. any suggestions? i would like a quick detach antenna if available.
anyhow, hope to find others to share the trails with in nw az area in the coming months, and get this thing broken in.
I’m sure you could get a quick connect setup for your antenna, I use the antenna from RR (1/2 wave with spring) screw it on & off every time it heads in the garage. but please make sure you get your SWRs (Standing wave ratio) checked before you use it. If they are wrong you can ruin your radio. I’ve heard a few stories of people burning up their radio and they won’t warranty them for that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m sure you could get a quick connect setup for your antenna, I use the antenna from RR (1/2 wave with spring) screw it on & off every time it heads in the garage. but please make sure you get your SWRs (Standing wave ratio) checked before you use it. If they are wrong you can ruin your radio. I’ve heard a few stories of people burning up their radio and they won’t warranty them for that
Yea, used to run CBs back in the day, I know all about SWRs. Real easy way to fry a radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.