Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2022 Honda Talon 1000R
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my wife and I went to the local Honda Powersports dealer to order new tires for my sport touring motorcycle, a Honda VFR1200F/D. About 2 hours later, we walked out as the proud owner of a brand spanking new Talon 1000R. I had already done a lot of research about side by sides, and knew I wanted a Honda, I just wasn't really expecting to get one so spontaneously...
Looking forward to sharing experiences and tapping the deep knowledge base that I'm sure exist in this community!

Darren

· Registered
2022 1000R Fox Live Valve
3 Posts
So, my wife and I went to the local Honda Powersports dealer to order new tires for my sport touring motorcycle, a Honda VFR1200F/D. About 2 hours later, we walked out as the proud owner of a brand spanking new Talon 1000R. I had already done a lot of research about side by sides, and knew I wanted a Honda, I just wasn't really expecting to get one so spontaneously...
Looking forward to sharing experiences and tapping the deep knowledge base that I'm sure exist in this community!

Darren

Darren
We've had our 1000R for 3 weeks now and love it! Had a problem with it overheating on our second trip when we were trying it our rock crawling but figured out that they had never plugged in the radiator fan. Was a little scary watching our new talon overheat but figured it out on the trail, plugged it in and no more problems. Enjoy!

· Registered
1 Posts
We've had our 1000R for 3 weeks now and love it! Had a problem with it overheating on our second trip when we were trying it our rock crawling but figured out that they had never plugged in the radiator fan. Was a little scary watching our new talon overheat but figured it out on the trail, plugged it in and no more problems. Enjoy!
Hey Darren & Mark, we spend our winters in Yuma. We bought our new 2021 Honda Talon 1000R last October from our Yuma Honda dealer. We drove it about 700 miles in the Yuma area desert last winter, then brought it home to Idaho for the summer and added another 700 miles in our beautiful mountain country. It is a TRULY AMAZING machine! We love owning it and using it. The engine, transmission and suspension are the best on the market! And my wife and I can ride all day in the comfortable seats. Fuel mileage was 20-22 mpg in the desert, then 28 mpg on our last two rides in our mountains earlier this October. It would be great to link up with you and other Talon/Pioneer owners in Yuma and go on some nice rides.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone, welcome to the forum and the Honda Talon! The wife and I really enjoy ours. We are packing up and heading to Payson, Arizona in a couple of weeks for the Mogollon Mountain ride. It's not too far from Yuma, pack up and come on! A link to the event is below. Looking forward to meeting and riding with some other Talons.

More info here- Mogollon Mountain UTV Fest!!

· Registered
2022 Talon 1000R
7 Posts
Hey Darren & Mark, we spend our winters in Yuma. We bought our new 2021 Honda Talon 1000R last October from our Yuma Honda dealer. We drove it about 700 miles in the Yuma area desert last winter, then brought it home to Idaho for the summer and added another 700 miles in our beautiful mountain country. It is a TRULY AMAZING machine! We love owning it and using it. The engine, transmission and suspension are the best on the market! And my wife and I can ride all day in the comfortable seats. Fuel mileage was 20-22 mpg in the desert, then 28 mpg on our last two rides in our mountains earlier this October. It would be great to link up with you and other Talon/Pioneer owners in Yuma and go on some nice rides.
Appreciate the info on your mileage. We are heading to ride the AZP in a few months and was wondering what type of mileage to expect. Have a 22' Talon 1000R. Any suggestions on whether to take and extra air filter or not. We will be riding about 1,000 miles. Have seen where Honda recommends an oil change at 600 miles in one place and 1200 in another. Any info or suggestions about the trip would be great.
Roy

· Registered
2022 Talon 1000R
7 Posts
That is great fuel mileage. Do you remember what psi you ran? I am running the stock tires.

· Registered
2 Posts
That’s weird, I had the same exact problem with mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts