Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a rollover due to a blown front tire in my polaris turbo xp4 and was truly a blessing in disguise.

We had already been considering selling it to move over to honda for the reliability and longevity of a real transmission vs a rubber band. I'm out of town, but my wife yesterday got to go down and pick up our new toy. I'm pretty stoked. Nothing fancy, just a base model 2020 (leftover new) talon 1000 x4.

I already have headsets to put in it, but what are your best first accessory needs for these?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will love the transmission, I would say harnesses should be the first thing and after that more depends on what type of riding you do. Sand is my favorite so paddles and the Jackson turbo are what went on mine as soon as I could. But if its trails I would recommend 32’s and a windshield. When I’m not in the sand I run Tusk Terrabite 32’s and the utv801.com windshield. I did a lot of looking and I am really happy with this windshield.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will love the transmission, I would say harnesses should be the first thing and after that more depends on what type of riding you do. Sand is my favorite so paddles and the Jackson turbo are what went on mine as soon as I could. But if its trails I would recommend 32’s and a windshield. When I’m not in the sand I run Tusk Terrabite 32’s and the utv801.com windshield. I did a lot of looking and I am really happy with this windshield. View attachment 2288 View attachment 2289
Will likely be mostly trails. We only hit Glamis once a year for a few days, so sand is not a huge priority and I'm building a 6.0 LS powered veeeeerrrryyyy stretched CJ5 to handle my high horsepower needs. I have some leftover harnesses from my RZR (harnesses are a no brainer, walked away from a high speed multiple roll without even heavy soreness the next day). I do like having a windshield and that one seems like a nice option with the flip up vents. Will be recycling a particle separator and building a rear windscreen as well. Like your 32's, will likely be going 30" terra masters as I had a new 30 inch spare 15 laying around from my other car, so I only have to buy 3. Nice looking car you have there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts