Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased 2020 talon 1000x4fox live valve what a awesome ride with being able to down shift into corners just did my 100 mile service and noticed a small amount of gear oil leaking out by axel in the front gear box contacted local dealership and its going back Saturday hope its not to serious its gonna be hard having to wait for it to be fixed
Hope I can add some great advise to the forums
Uncle P

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need to start a recall petition lol as long as its fixed im ok with it anyways its a Honda can't go to wrong
Thanks for the info bionicman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Np I lived a couple years living in havasu & kingman working in yucca Chrysler facility. - miss the endless riding possibilities there

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
just purchased 2020 talon 1000x4fox live valve what a awesome ride with being able to down shift into corners just did my 100 mile service and noticed a small amount of gear oil leaking out by axel in the front gear box contacted local dealership and its going back Saturday hope its not to serious its gonna be hard having to wait for it to be fixed
Uncle P
Welcome to the forum, hope the issue with the leak is easy to fix and they have the parts. Always frustrating when you have a new toy but cannot use it. In any case when you are on the trail pleas send us a couple of photos. Welcome and ride safe while having fun.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
106 Posts
Uncle P
I've had mine (same as yours) for almost a year now, and I am going on my 4th dif seal. Still no permanent fix from Honda. I live in Kingman and Rt. 66 Motorsports has done the job every time for me. Am currently waiting for another appointment to get it done again. I wish you luck with yours !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20200823_185853.jpg 20200823_185903.jpg
Thought I would give her a bath before it goes back to dealership
Gprap I am also taking mind back to route 66 on Saturday hope they have parts

·
Registered
106 Posts
View attachment 1367 View attachment 1368
Thought I would give her a bath before it goes back to dealership
Gprap I am also taking mind back to route 66 on Saturday hope they have parts
I went in today and made an appointment for this coming Thursday To get mine done again, for the 4th seal. They had 7 seals in stock and others waiting to get their Stalin’s done. A word to the wise, if you already haven’t, make your appointment and get a seal reserved in your name because the supply is low and parts are only trickling in from Honda. Good luck and keep us in the loop as to whether the fix works for you over time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My appt is for 9am tomorrow morning I hope there's a seal for me lol when I was buying mine 2 months ago I was stuck out in Cali and had already talked to sales at route 66 I called and tried to put a deposit over phone and they were saying first come first serve in person only so I bought mine in cali only problem is getting it plated out here for street use to many MVD forms keep us posted on your fixes also maybe see you at route 66 sometime hooe its not in service dept all the time lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went in today and made an appointment for this coming Thursday To get mine done again, for the 4th seal. They had 7 seals in stock and others waiting to get their Stalin’s done. A word to the wise, if you already haven’t, make your appointment and get a seal reserved in your name because the supply is low and parts are only trickling in from Honda. Good luck and keep us in the loop as to whether the fix works for you over time.
Agreed my talon has sat over a month awaiting parts

·
Registered
106 Posts
My appt is for 9am tomorrow morning I hope there's a seal for me lol when I was buying mine 2 months ago I was stuck out in Cali and had already talked to sales at route 66 I called and tried to put a deposit over phone and they were saying first come first serve in person only so I bought mine in cali only problem is getting it plated out here for street use to many MVD forms keep us posted on your fixes also maybe see you at route 66 sometime hooe its not in service dept all the time lol
I’m sure it won’t be there all of the time. Mine has been only for these damn seals. Honda is going to be forced to find a cure, and they will. Just keep an eye on yours, as you already have, and Honda will keep fixing it. They are very aware of the problem. Otherwise, I absolutely love the machine. The only major thing I have done is to have Shock Therapy revalve and respring the shocks. A must do if one wants a good ride in the AZ rough !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok update I took my talon to route 66 motorsports in Kingman dropped off at 9 am and by 12 noon it was ready for pickup i am ready to ride again

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m sure it won’t be there all of the time. Mine has been only for these damn seals. Honda is going to be forced to find a cure, and they will. Just keep an eye on yours, as you already have, and Honda will keep fixing it. They are very aware of the problem. Otherwise, I absolutely love the machine. The only major thing I have done is to have Shock Therapy revalve and respring the shocks. A must do if one wants a good ride in the AZ rough !!
So what is your verdict on the revalve and respring? Was it worth it? how big of a difference did it make? and about what did it cost you? I live here in AZ also but am up north in Springerville a little different riding up here, but will come down there in the winter.Thanks for your time!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok update I took my talon to route 66 motorsports in Kingman dropped off at 9 am and by 12 noon it was ready for pickup i am ready to ride again
Sounds good. Keep your eye on the seal for future leaks. Hopefully it will be okay. Mine goes in on Thursday for the 4th seal. Maybe this will be the charm !!
So what is your verdict on the revalve and respring? Was it worth it? how big of a difference did it make? and about what did it cost you? I live here in AZ also but am up north in Springerville a little different riding up here, but will come down there in the winter.Thanks for your time!!

The shock work from Shock Therapy is definitely worth the money. Yes, it is an expensive upgrade (right around $1400) but it makes a totally different and enjoyable machine out of it. When one pays nearly $23,000 for a machine that rides so harshly, another $1400 makes the purchase worth using and keeping (I’ve had two other sport UTV’s prior to this one and did very little to each of them to get the ride where I wanted it. On the Talon, I was forced to do a major change in suspension to get it where the others were from the factory - the nature of the beast). The Talon, now, compared to stock, glides over the rough and the rear does not pogo stick or push as it did before. The car handles and rides as it should have from the factory. Before I did the suspension work, my wife would hardly go with me and now I don’t have a problem getting her to go with me even on long rides. It just doesn’t beat us or the machine up anymore. If I want to stiffen it up, all I have to do is put it in sport mode. If I had it to do all over again, would I do it and spend the money ? ..... the answer is a definite YES !! I hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds good. Keep your eye on the seal for future leaks. Hopefully it will be okay. Mine goes in on Thursday for the 4th seal. Maybe this will be the charm !!

The shock work from Shock Therapy is definitely worth the money. Yes, it is an expensive upgrade (right around $1400) but it makes a totally different and enjoyable machine out of it. When one pays nearly $23,000 for a machine that rides so harshly, another $1400 makes the purchase worth using and keeping (I’ve had two other sport UTV’s prior to this one and did very little to each of them to get the ride where I wanted it. On the Talon, I was forced to do a major change in suspension to get it where the others were from the factory - the nature of the beast). The Talon, now, compared to stock, glides over the rough and the rear does not pogo stick or push as it did before. The car handles and rides as it should have from the factory. Before I did the suspension work, my wife would hardly go with me and now I don’t have a problem getting her to go with me even on long rides. It just doesn’t beat us or the machine up anymore. If I want to stiffen it up, all I have to do is put it in sport mode. If I had it to do all over again, would I do it and spend the money ? ..... the answer is a definite YES !! I hope this answers your question.
Awesome Thank you!! did you drop your Talon off with them or just send in or drop off your shocks? I will put it on my list for sure, I just bought the Talon end of July and have since spent almost $4000 in accessories, so my wife is not to happy with me lately so that will be a little down the road but it sounds well worth it, I agree the suspension is so harsh on the Talon, my buddies RZR is like riding on a cloud compared to the Talon, and I feel the talon is way under powered I wish honda would have gave it a little more.But thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome Thank you!! did you drop your Talon off with them or just send in or drop off your shocks? I will put it on my list for sure, I just bought the Talon end of July and have since spent almost $4000 in accessories, so my wife is not to happy with me lately so that will be a little down the road but it sounds well worth it, I agree the suspension is so harsh on the Talon, my buddies RZR is like riding on a cloud compared to the Talon, and I feel the talon is way under powered I wish honda would have gave it a little more.But thank you for your reply.
I dropped the car off to them. They only charged me $100 for doing the r&r work. It was worth it because they had everything there to determine the weight of the vehicle with all of the added accessories, set the height properly, as well as being able to test drive it afterwards to see if it acted as it should. In the future I ever have them do maintenance or repair on the shocks, I will r&r them myself and get the shocks to them, but for the initial set-up I brought them the car. Enjoy your Talon !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dropped the car off to them. They only charged me $100 for doing the r&r work. It was worth it because they had everything there to determine the weight of the vehicle with all of the added accessories, set the height properly, as well as being able to test drive it afterwards to see if it acted as it should. In the future I ever have them do maintenance or repair on the shocks, I will r&r them myself and get the shocks to them, but for the initial set-up I brought them the car. Enjoy your Talon !!
Sounds good, thank you. If your ever up here in the white mountains hit me up we can go ride its beautiful up here right now mid 70's and a little rain to knock the dust down. I know all the good trails also!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds good, thank you. If your ever up here in the white mountains hit me up we can go ride its beautiful up here right now mid 70's and a little rain to knock the dust down. I know all the good trails also!!
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the invite. I'd love to do it ... maybe in the Spring. My wife and I are going on a month or so RV trip around the Northwest before the snow hits in the northern places. I'm afraid that after we get home, it will be too late in the season to get up into the White Mtns. to ride. We won't be leaving until the 3rd or 4th week in September, so that will put us home in November. Meanwhile, i'm sure you will enjoy your new machine. I wouldn't trade mine for anything presently out there. Be well !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Uncle P
I had my front seal replaced at my 100 mile service. Should an easy fix.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts