Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, So after much looking, research and test driving ( Polaris General, Yamaha Rmax, Kawi KRX ) I pulled the pin on a 2021 Talon. Bike is still en route, mid month I've been told. There are a few thing I'd like to install initially, so to keep the wife happy others to protect the bike. Super excited to get it, I've been looking at them since they came out, then Yamaha announced the Rmax ( I've had good luck with Yamaha, I have and have had a Grizzlys, things are bulletproof ) and I had to wait and see. Test drove one the day before I put money down on the Talon, just can't do the rubber band. They just aren't fun to drive, as I'm sure everyone here is aware.

So wondered what everyone is running for accessories? What to stay away from, what I might need that isn't in the list below.

Thank everyone in advance for the help as well as helping me make up my mind on the bike!!

Full Front Windshield ( It's cold here in Alberta )
Lower doors
winch mount
switch panel for accessories
Nerf Bars
Cargo Box

Cheers everyone!

· Registered
99 Posts
Hello everyone, So after much looking, research and test driving ( Polaris General, Yamaha Rmax, Kawi KRX ) I pulled the pin on a 2021 Talon. Bike is still en route, mid month I've been told. There are a few thing I'd like to install initially, so to keep the wife happy others to protect the bike. Super excited to get it, I've been looking at them since they came out, then Yamaha announced the Rmax ( I've had good luck with Yamaha, I have and have had a Grizzlys, things are bulletproof ) and I had to wait and see. Test drove one the day before I put money down on the Talon, just can't do the rubber band. They just aren't fun to drive, as I'm sure everyone here is aware.

So wondered what everyone is running for accessories? What to stay away from, what I might need that isn't in the list below.

Thank everyone in advance for the help as well as helping me make up my mind on the bike!!

Lower doors
winch mount
Nerf Bars
Cargo Box

Cheers everyone!
Congratulations on your new purchase. Hope you enjoy it once you receive it. I would get stuff ordered as most companies are way behind do to the large demand.

Lower doors - We really like our JSport door lowers. Really easy to install and great fit. www.Jsportsxs.com
winch mount
Nerf Bars - Have the HMF new nerf bars on order.
Cargo Box

Sorry I do not know much about the other areas so will let others comment there.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Add a heater to your wish list or extra clothing, bet you stay out of the water when it is cold! :) Enjoy and do be safe out there!
LOL Ya the wife has heated clothing she had to have for the quad. Cab heater is on the list but it's toward the bottom. All this stuff is crazy expensive. With the shortage of machines on the market they don't budge much on the price around here. Most dealerships don't have anything on the floor even. Test drove the Rmax, asked when one would be available .... September. lol You can still pick up a KRX as they aren't a real popular car around here, just to big for the trails and Arctic Cat doesn't seem to sell either.

Cheers

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on your new purchase. Hope you enjoy it once you receive it. I would get stuff ordered as most companies are way behind do to the large demand.

Lower doors - We really like our JSport door lowers. Really easy to install and great fit. www.Jsportsxs.com
winch mount
Nerf Bars - Have the HMF new nerf bars on order.
Cargo Box

Sorry I do not know much about the other areas so will let others comment there.

Thanks for the info, will check those out

· Registered
136 Posts
also keep track of about what you spend on accessaries so can be sure have enough extra coverage on you insurance plan. If total one, the extra coverage will be cheap compared to buying it all again. Also keep a pile of receipts & pics just in case you need them. Having gone thru it once, you learn to be prepared and hope don't ever need. Most policies have some amount included (like $3K) but you will be amazed how quick you go past that. Usually pretty cheap to go up.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are the stock rims and tires going to work for you? What about a spare? Mirror(s).

JsportsSXS bumper, intrusion bar, and spare tire carrier. Honda light bar, and wiring.

For now the stock rims and tires will work. Would like to get a few hours in the seat and see how everything preforms before I get too carried away, its's on the radar tho for sure.

Was looking at the front and rear windshield from EMP, does anyone have experience/reviews with these?

Also for the winch mount, looking at the reviews some aren't happy with the super ATV. Sounds like it might be a little light duty. Any other suggestions ? Also does a guy need to buy a front bumper in order to make it all work? I see the Honda mounting kit requires a front bumper.

Again, thanks for the help folks!!

· Registered
66 Posts
Are the stock rims and tires going to work for you? What about a spare? Mirror(s).

JsportsSXS bumper, intrusion bar, and spare tire carrier. Honda light bar, and wiring.
I have a new, Talon 4sx..looking for a spare tire holder mount off back to not totally obstruct rear view? any suggestions on a spare tire mounting device? Dealer recommends buying 30 inch tires? I see postings for 32 inch tires that seem to run a little.?
Tom, Baja Mexico and San Diego, CA..

· Registered
99 Posts
Be ready to shift it manually if you get bigger tires. They screw up the shift points because the computer still thinks there’s 28’s on there.
The DynoJet PV3 allows you to change the shift points to accommodate for the larger tires. The guys at PPEi do a great job with custom programs for the Honda Talon and the Dyno Jet PV3 controller. www.PPEI.com
Call Kory or Erik

· Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
184 Posts
Just run in SPORT mode. It changes the shift points, and holds you in a lower gear for a longer time. I am running 30" tires, which isn't huge but they are heavier than stock, and I find myself using SPORT mode fairly often.

· Registered
11 Posts

Lower doors
winch mount
Nerf Bars
Cargo Box

Cheers everyone!
Why do you call it a "Bike"?

· Registered
19 Posts
I have a new, Talon 4sx..looking for a spare tire holder mount off back to not totally obstruct rear view? any suggestions on a spare tire mounting device? Dealer recommends buying 30 inch tires? I see postings for 32 inch tires that seem to run a little.?
Tom, Baja Mexico and San Diego, CA..
Just installed my 32’s....can’t wait to see how they do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.