Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the thread for a few months but finally picked up the ride today..
Question: I took it up and down the road when I got it home. Does that horrible sound of the transmission shifting get better after use or is that normal. It sounds very cluncky.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 1000x
5 Posts
We just got ours a few week ago and I have to agree, ours seems pretty loud, clunky and gear noises. I think thats just the way its going to be, I think it all normal. After all we are sitting pretty much right on top of all of it with no insulation at all. I have so much fun while getting with it I seem to not notice it as much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just got ours a few week ago and I have to agree, ours seems pretty loud, clunky and gear noises. I think thats just the way its going to be, I think it all normal. After all we are sitting pretty much right on top of all of it with no insulation at all. I have so much fun while getting with it I seem to not notice it as much.
Well at least I know its not broken, I'm sure I'll get use to it. I hope lol.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon X4 Live Valve
7 Posts
I've noticed that when cold it is definitely more noisy and clunky. Once warmed up it seems to be much more quiet and smooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question: I took it up and down the road when I got it home. Does that horrible sound of the transmission shifting get better after use or is that normal. It sounds very cluncky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There has been so much written about the clicking noise just prior to shifting that in my humble opinion Honda Dealers should educate buyers on why that noise is there, why it will always be there, and why it is normal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am weird evidently, I like the shift sounds when I'm gettin er done. I could do with much less of the constant noise when cruising but as somebody noted it is to be expected.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Noises? What noises?

I have severe hearing loss already and wear inexpensive big red ear muff hearing protectors when driving my Talon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The good news is that you must be happy with the ride the suspension ! Focus on the good....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Most get quieter after a few thousand miles. I always wear a helmet,so I don't notice it much anymore T- BOB

·
Registered
70 Posts
After a couple hundred miles and switching all the fluids over to Amsoil and my 2 Honda P1000 and my Honda Talon have all gotten noticeably smoother and quieter. I put Amsoil in our YXZ and it made it smoother and quieter also!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts