Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Talon from a guy that wrecked it after owning it for just 6 months with 300 miles on it, anybody else done this?
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Sky Car Cloud

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up being into this about 13,000.00, came with HMF full exhaust, Hess tune on epairsea Dynojet, Fuel beadlocks with 30"rubber and some other stuff. It runs great, I couldn't find anything at the dealers so I went this way, Pretty labor intense doing repairs but i just retired so it was all good.

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
111 Posts
Nice Kala, I think you got a good deal and a good project. If the last pic was the finish it looks sweet! How long did it take to restore?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Kala, I think you got a good deal and a good project. If the last pic was the finish it looks sweet! How long did it take to restore?
I had to replace the upper rollcage and straighten on of the front supports, also replaced the grill. For the rest of the front end parts I used a heat gun and got them as good as I could. I probably have forty hours into it including installing the street legal kit. The last Picture it is finished and up on the Olympic peninsula above Hoods Canal where I will do the majority of my riding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Job. Can I ask why go back with a stock cage?
price and availability checked out aftermarket and shipping price was huge, got the stock cage from honda dealer a half hour away for less than a hundred bucks shipping

1 - 8 of 8 Posts