Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh right on. Ya you pick a good time to stay in Arizona. Where in Mesa do you guys stay at? East or west

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh I know where that is, I use to live in Mesa. But ya you will have to come up for a ride by us. We live in north Phoenix. About an hour from there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup, stock wheels with 35s SuperATV Warrior Slick Rock Edition they work like a champ been playing with them for a while. They are designed for rock, mud and a bit of trail riding as well.
Did you need spacers or anything to run those?? They look fantastic on factory wheels!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
43 Posts
That is pretty cool. I am definitely going to get that before next riding season. I am also going to have to find all my vent lines and add them to that. I have only had the x4 for 2 weeks. Gonna have to learn all the little things again. The teryx was a Billie goat. But too bumpy even with Viking shocks. But I am gonna do all those vent mods and
Just a word to the wise. I also live in AZ and keep in mind, that we do not deal with water or mud, as a rule. A snorkel is meant more for thst, but we deal with dust and silt. The stock filter arrangement that Honda has designed, is not what any of us who own Talons call adequate or worth much, when it comes to our elements in AZ. Before you spend the money for a snorkel, my advice to you would be to read the posts on the forum concerning filter types, particle separators as well as what others have done to make the intake systems so much better for our type of riding. I’m afraid that it you purchase a snorkel, nlike what you are looking at, you will be very disappointed and will be throwing your money away. They are good, but not for our type of filtration that we need in AZ. Just Saying - do your homework before spending the money and only do it once. Check out KWT particle separators (prefilters). I have one and it is awesome and will save you from spending $50 a pop for honda filters every 300-400 miles. welcome to the forum, and I hope this helps. BTW, I have your exact machine, do your type of terrain riding and have had my suspension completely redone by Shock Therapy in Phoenix .... Awesome results !! Enjoy your new car.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Hi Sea hero, I have been through a couple of iterations with spacers. I am currently using 1.5-inch spacers front and back. After installing the portals I still had to keep the spacers for clearance. I do like the OEM wheels and used the money saved to buy more "stuff". It is a wide animal now but where I run it is ok, have to admit that every once and a while I have to back up for tight turns. Ride safe and keep having fun! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody I just switched over from a teryx4 to a talon x4 live valve last week. Already has a leaking front differential😩. Going in tomorrow for service and to fix that. I have a couple questions. First I think my suspension is t adjusted right. It feels like it bottoms out on small dips and bumps. And secondly. I’m looking to upgrade wheels. I have 30 inch mongrels. And help with wheel offset would be great. Oh and ya I am glad I made the switch. It’s an awesome machine to cruise around Arizona I
Have about 600 miles on my machine and have come to the conclusion that its the valving in the shocks creates that feel of bottoming out. Around 500 miles the suspension seems to settle in but you can still feel the shock valves adjust from time to time and get that bottoming out feel. Havent tackled different tires yet until the stock tires are all used up. Kind of like the stock wheels but the offset makes an upgrade impossible without a wheel swap. And honestly the stock tires have wonderful traction. Have friends running the larger tires with smoother tread have gained ground clearance, but lost traction. Hope that is helpful into.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey there Gprap I would love to hear some more about the shock therapy and pre filter. I really am interested in that. And what wheels and offset do you run?

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Just a word to the wise. I also live in AZ and keep in mind, that we do not deal with water or mud, as a rule. A snorkel is meant more for thst, but we deal with dust and silt. The stock filter arrangement that Honda has designed, is not what any of us who own Talons call adequate or worth much, when it comes to our elements in AZ. Before you spend the money for a snorkel, my advice to you would be to read the posts on the forum concerning filter types, particle separators as well as what others have done to make the intake systems so much better for our type of riding. I’m afraid that it you purchase a snorkel, nlike what you are looking at, you will be very disappointed and will be throwing your money away. They are good, but not for our type of filtration that we need in AZ. Just Saying - do your homework before spending the money and only do it once. Check out KWT particle separators (prefilters). I have one and it is awesome and will save you from spending $50 a pop for honda filters every 300-400 miles. welcome to the forum, and I hope this helps. BTW, I have your exact machine, do your type of terrain riding and have had my suspension completely redone by Shock Therapy in Phoenix .... Awesome results !! Enjoy your new car.
Hi Gprop, good advice. Always good to match the conditions you ride in. I set mine up mostly for rocks but do a lot of mud and water -- go figure. Lots of ways to solve a problem and good to shop around and most importantly get advice from riders in you area. Luck has it that the Talon has been out for a couple of years and aftermarket vendors are creating solutions for many of the problems we face. In any case always best to get the vents up high. You can do that with a few feet of plastic hose and T connectors. In addition, at least zip tie the electrical connections under your seat and consider dielectric grease. I wish the electronics were a bit higher but they are under the seat, at least the ECU and fuel management.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh I know where that is, I use to live in Mesa. But ya you will have to come up for a ride by us. We live in north Phoenix. About an hour from there
Hi Jeremy,
I live in Cave Creek and we just bought a 4 seater! Can you let me know which trails in the area are fun to ride?? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey there. Ya we just bought ours 3 weeks ago. And it’s back at ride now Peoria getting service. ( almost 2 weeks now). But we go over to table Mesa from our house. And also up to crown king. And down carefree highway past lake pleasant is. Oilseed ohv. Lots of good trails there. How you like your talon so far?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We love it! But my wife says no real off road until the windshield shows up. Which will be this week. Then I'll put it through the trails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ya. We got the super atv flip up windshield. Works great. You def need 1 where we ride. Did you get the live valve? You keeping stock tires?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts