Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I just switched over from a teryx4 to a talon x4 live valve last week. Already has a leaking front differential馃槱. Going in tomorrow for service and to fix that. I have a couple questions. First I think my suspension is t adjusted right. It feels like it bottoms out on small dips and bumps. And secondly. I鈥檓 looking to upgrade wheels. I have 30 inch mongrels. And help with wheel offset would be great. Oh and ya I am glad I made the switch. It鈥檚 an awesome machine to cruise around Arizona I

Premium Member
Welcome Jeremyx4, dig around and you will find several threads that deal with suspension and wheels and tires. Send pictures and also where you like to run. Hope the dealer has a permanent fix for your differential several members have complained about that problem. In any case drive safely and have fun.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the welcome. And ya I hope they do have a permanent fix. I will keep looking for spring adjustment. The live valve is 10 times better than teryx. We live in Arizona. Our backyard is tonto national forest. So we have lots of riding. Desert rock climbing and forest

Premium Member
Wow, that sounds like a perfect setting, do send pictures of your adventures -- I would love to see that area of the US.

Premium Member
  • I am in South Florida, lots of water, mud and some sand. I just bought a lot in North Port as it is next to miles of trails, just a campsite but we can spend the weekend there. The rainy season should start soon and there will be lots of mud. Always fun with the group I run wilh.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
You seem pretty knowledgeable of the talon. How does it handle water? And do you have any recommendations for lower door panels? That鈥檚 cool that you have your own campsite.

Premium Member
It works fantastic, you must have a snorkel and tie all vents, front diff, rear diff, fan vent, trans vent, fuel tank vent to the top of the snorkel. Then it is a matter of checking fluids and doing regular maintenance. The first think I did when it was new was pull all of the electrical connections apart and filling the voids with dielectric grease, helps keep the water out, then zip tie them back together -- that is quite a task but worth the effort if you ever plan have to deal with water or mud. It is a ball and can be very challenging and fun. I like the lower door panels, I have the OEM ones and they are OK, I considered the aluminum ones but they can be pricy. The campsite is near the swamp and this time of year there are a lot of baby gators, we always look for the parents. Best to keep your distance and it is fun just watching them.

Premium Member
I use the warrior Snorkel, It gets everything up high. I did add a bit of plastic tubing to the kit as I like to put several loops in all of the vent lines then run them up to the top of the snorkel.

Here is a picture -- it does a good job!

Premium Member
Yup, stock wheels with 35s SuperATV Warrior Slick Rock Edition they work like a champ been playing with them for a while. They are designed for rock, mud and a bit of trail riding as well.

Premium Member
Here are better pictures of the Warrior Snorkel: You do have to cut a hole, but it is worth it -- in my opinion. Noise is not a factor either, you will see why if you install one. There are two hoses that connect to the top -- see the two black dots. I used y connectors to splice in multiple vents lint each of the hoses and I used a separate one for the fuel tank. Kit comes black and you can paint if you wish. This is a solid kit and it comes with an add in pre-filter for normally aspirated Talons -- they do not recommend using it with turbo kits. With the intake high it extends the life of the OEM filter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
That is pretty cool. I am definitely going to get that before next riding season. I am also going to have to find all my vent lines and add them to that. I have only had the x4 for 2 weeks. Gonna have to learn all the little things again. The teryx was a Billie goat. But too bumpy even with Viking shocks. But I am gonna do all those vent mods and

Premium Member
Now is the time to get set up while everything is new and clean. Mud tends to get everywhere and even after a good washing sand is all over and takes quite an effort to get it halfway clean. fI use a pressure washer on lowest pressure and also blow it out with compressed air and then take it out and do it all over again. Getting it dirty is the fun part anyway.

Premium Member
When you are ready let me know and I can send pictures if you need them. It is very easy and if you get the Warrior Snorkel it comes with detailed directions.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I am going to get the Warrior snorkel kit. So I just dropped it off at dealer. 1 thing it was doing over the weekend. I would turn it off and turn it in a mi Ute later. And it would die. Then I would turn it over again. Then it would start. It did it about 10 times. Any ideas

Registered
Hey thanks for the welcome. And ya I hope they do have a permanent fix. I will keep looking for spring adjustment. The live valve is 10 times better than teryx. We live in Arizona. Our backyard is tonto national forest. So we have lots of riding. Desert rock climbing and forest

Registered
Welcome Jeremy, I'm new here also Just picked up my X on Friday My wife and I have spent the month of March in Mesa for the past 2 years We were going to haul our Pioneer last year but it ended up not happening. I know that next year the Talon will be with us so we will have to keep in touch.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts