Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I bought a Talon 4 2020 Live Valve a month ago and just had it in for service after 100 miles. The dealer said it needs a new air filter. After reading some forum posts, and since I rode it a lot in some dusty conditions I can understand the replacement suggestion. Being new to SXS community and the Talon being my first side by side, I have a question. Any recommendations to making the air filter last longer? I know there are particle separators out there and the dealer made a recommends one at a lofty price.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hi All,
I bought a Talon 4 2020 Live Valve a month ago and just had it in for service after 100 miles. The dealer said it needs a new air filter. After reading some forum posts, and since I rode it a lot in some dusty conditions I can understand the replacement suggestion. Being new to SXS community and the Talon being my first side by side, I have a question. Any recommendations to making the air filter last longer? I know there are particle separators out there and the dealer made a recommends one at a lofty price.
Hi Jax32020. First welcome to the forum please sent a picture of your ride and the places you like to ride as well. There are several threads on the air filter and modifications and or aftermarket parts please feel free to search around and it will give you a chance to see how the forum is organized. Do have fun and be safe out there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey River,
Thanks for the post and you tube link. I think for now I will go ahead with the UNI filter and see how it goes before spending big bucks on other options.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your welcome, it’s kinda a pain but it’s getting me by until I get something a little more easier to switch out, which will most likely be a external pre-filter. I won’t be adding a Particle Separator as I don’t want the added noise and the bulky unit in my view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts