Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000-X SE
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New to the forum and from the Tampa Fl area. I've had two Honda pioneers and finally got the Talon SE back in July. The SE came with a windshield, light bar, winch, skid plate and roof stock. Loving the machine and plan to do the turbo kit over the next few months. We normally ride inverness and Ocala Florida when riding local. I just got back from a Tennessee trip and we're hooked on rock crawling now. We did Tackett creek with a guide and plan to go back and ride royal blue and wind rock for Thanksgiving. I'm also planning a trip just after Christmas in the same area.

Here is a list of the current mods -

31in Carnivore tires
JEI Spare tire mount with gas can holder
Hill billy E brake ( must have for stopping on hills )
Sound bar (triton)
Super ATV tail gate ( Wish I purchased one that opens )
Bypass switch for I-4x4 (must have for crawling)
High rise radius and A-arms (bent one crawling)
JEI tree kickers ( Already bent stock mounting point)
Shifter (makes shifting really fast from forward to reverse)
4 point harness kit for front seats ( very comfortable but a little too limiting for visibility )

To be added in the future

Bead lock's
Turbo kit
32in Rockzilla ( climbing and crawling set)
CB radio for communication
Lifetime trail maps
Trail Armor skid plate

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys! New to the forum and from the Tampa Fl area. I've had two Honda pioneers and finally got the Talon SE back in July. The SE came with a windshield, light bar, winch, skid plate and roof stock. Loving the machine and plan to do the turbo kit over the next few months. We normally ride inverness and Ocala Florida when riding local. I just got back from a Tennessee trip and we're hooked on rock crawling now. We did Tackett creek with a guide and plan to go back and ride royal blue and wind rock for Thanksgiving. I'm also planning a trip just after Christmas in the same area.

Here is a list of the current mods -

31in Carnivore tires
JEI Spare tire mount with gas can holder
Hill billy E brake ( must have for stopping on hills )
Sound bar (triton)
Super ATV tail gate ( Wish I purchased one that opens )
Bypass switch for I-4x4 (must have for crawling)
High rise radius and A-arms (bent one crawling)
JEI tree kickers ( Already bent stock mounting point)
Shifter (makes shifting really fast from forward to reverse)
4 point harness kit for front seats ( very comfortable but a little too limiting for visibility )

To be added in the future

Bead lock's
Turbo kit
32in Rockzilla ( climbing and crawling set)
CB radio for communication
Lifetime trail maps
Trail Armor skid plate
Got any pictures?
Here is my SE - just had the turbo installed (dealer installed, so it's covered by warranty...)
The pic is pre turbo, getting ready to ride in the sand;

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 1000-X SE
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got any pictures?
Here is my SE - just had the turbo installed (dealer installed, so it's covered by warranty...)
The pic is pre turbo, getting ready to ride in the sand;

View attachment 3055
My buddy has the same exact buggy. We installed the high clearance A arms in the front and high clearance trailing arms in the rear today.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My buddy has the same exact buggy. We installed the high clearance A arms in the front and high clearance trailing arms in the rear today.
I like the pics - I haven't seen another one like mine, much less two.
Do you have pics of the A-arm installation? I would be interested in how that turned out...
The turbo installation turned out great, but I haven't had a chance to open it up and really check out the new performance potential.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2021 1000-X SE
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the pics - I haven't seen another one like mine, much less two.
Do you have pics of the A-arm installation? I would be interested in how that turned out...
The turbo installation turned out great, but I haven't had a chance to open it up and really check out the new performance potential.
View attachment 3069
View attachment 3070
View attachment 3071
Thanks. Man that turbo is sexy! I bought the extended warranty that covers the turbo,
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
just need to bite the bullet. Here are some finished pics. I filmed it also and will be launching a YouTube channel here soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts