Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Utah county, we just purchased a 1000X-4 Base model. Just finished installing the Ryco street legal kit and a couple other accessories. Will be going through the machine carefully to check all fluids, shifter adjustment, torque on key components before we take the machine out. Our younger son is special needs and is super excited to be driven around. Trying to decide between a UMHW skid plate for the bottom since the OEM is pretty flimsy or a winch.... leaning towards the skid as I hear SuperATV will be selling one pretty soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not entirely sure yet. We do live adjacent to some land we can ride, but I'd love some recommendations for fun, scenic locations if you're willing. (y)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Places I have gone...
American Fork Canyon is in your back yard and has all the trails you can want. Every level from dirt roads to rock crawling, a Jeep club has even improved and marked trails in there. It interconnects back up through to Midway/Mill Canyon/Cascade Springs if you want to go that far. We camp in Midway often.

Little Sahara (just west of Nephi) about 90 minutes from you. Mostly dunes if you like that kind of stuff. Very desert like but there are a lot of animals there. I see at least 2 goldens there every day I am there. I try to go there at least twice a month. You really need paddle tires to get around but I have seen a couple Talons with stock tires out on the back side doing just fine (and one of them was a 4 seater).

Sand Hollow near St George. This is a mixture of sand, trails and rock crawling. Several #10 ranked trails here. I haven't done anything over an 8 and I skipped the most difficult obstacles (I am not experienced enough and don't know the machine well enough yet to try anything too difficult).. Only been there once but it was my favorite so far. Not enough sand so no paddle tires required here.

Strawberry Reservoir/Daniels Summit. MANY trails up there. Wooded and some of them a bit narrow for my R but I had a blast.

Five mile pass out west of Cedar Fort/Farifield. Hot and dusty but good for a day trip. Don't go on the weekend, too many kids on motorcycles.

Pony Express system in Eagle Mountain. Pretty terrain but it is getting hard to access with all the new homes going in and other construction. Although it is UTV designated, all the hikers and bikers give you crusty looks (you know the type).

Knolls out west almost to Wendover. Long way out and not my cup of tea. Kinda sand dunes, kinda trail riding, kinda rock crawling and a whole lot of kids on bikes.

Little Moab. A lot of people like this area but I think it is boring, don't bother unless you want an easy ride to get used to the machine.

Places I plan on this summer...
Whitewash/Moab. You can camp at whitewash and ride to Moab.

Anywhere there are red rocks. I just love that scenery!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Discount! Will be seeing you soon as the new to me utility trailer we bought needs a fresh set of shoes. 205/75/15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts