Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our Talon 1000 x -4. Have 48 miles on it so far and other than being a little finicky at first to shift to reverse(this went away after about 20 miles) its an awesome machine. Mostly just used on field roads and paved country roads so far. This fall we will get it out on some trails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not been to little Egypt since I raced motocross back in the late 90's

I am rural closest ton is Pierron IL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
used to race motocross down there in the late 90's at a little egypt, family on my mother's side is down from around there, Thebes, Anna, etc...

Looking on line it looks like Little Egypt has 50+ miles of trails. I will probably try to get down there sometime this fall with the family and my brothers family for a day of riding.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Welcome Nanner173, hope the forum is useful for you. I spent three years in Fairfield Il while assigned to Scott AFB. Loved going to the Park in St Lewis and especially the old part of the town with the ice cream shop. Grants Farm is also a super place to spend time. On one trip they welcomed a new Clydesdale into the world. Send a few pictures of the places you ride please. As I recall the winters could be a bit testy to say the lease. Do have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BlueDog1210 thank you.
Mostly for the moment it has been field roads in between corn and soy beans. When work lets up we will head down to St. Joe state park close to farmington MO. And after the crops get in it will open up a few areas to ride that are close to home.
Have spent some time out at Scott on construction projects there.
I will have some pics as we get into fall.
My brother has a Polaris General and we will go with him this fall - he goes to some places in MO that are between 2-4 hours out of St. Louis. Will report back on the different riding areas we go to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts