Looking for Reliability
A better Look than
Stock Rims & Tires
And advice on Must have ?
Thanks Trace

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Welcome TraceN, hope you enjoy the forum. There are quite a few posts on tire and wheel combinations so do look around and feel free to post your thoughts as well. Do post a picture of your ride and your favorite trail. Have lots of fun and be safe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you run in sand I would stick to 30's. Even 30's kill 6th gear in the sand. Just my obsevation of the 10 Talon's we have in our group.. T-BOB

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
If you run in sand I would stick to 30's. Even 30's kill 6th gear in the sand. Just my obsevation of the 10 Talon's we have in our group.. T-BOB
A gear reduction internal or portals will cure 6th gear problem. They are pricy but work. If you want to raise use portals, if not an internal gear reduction is the way to go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A gear reduction internal or portals will cure 6th gear problem. They are pricy but work. If you want to raise use portals, if not an internal gear reduction is the way to go.
Unless one has a big budget I thinks 30's would do the trick. Also unsprung weight might be a consideration. Just some thoughts.. T- BOB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't go over 30" tire. I got 32" on1000R need more horsepower in steep rock crawling. it will stall out. It needs lower gearing like 50-60%lower in low range.
Just normal riding you would love the 32"

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Unless one has a big budget I thinks 30's would do the trick. Also unsprung weight might be a consideration. Just some thoughts.. T- BOB
If you get the internal reduction it is in the transmission and there is 0 additional unsprung weight. Reds Off Road did mine at 25% reduction (Compensated for 35s and gave me top gear back). No worries and if you use portals the unsprung weight is probably 50 pounds for portal and bigger tires. Calls for upgrades in suspension parts front and back. No worries just plenty of options. I have portals as well the 4" Portals at 30% (more low end power). Wish all the toy add on stuff was less expensive but then if you wanna play... :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you get the internal reduction it is in the transmission and there is 0 additional unsprung weight. Reds Off Road did mine at 25% reduction (Compensated for 35s and gave me top gear back). No worries and if you use portals the unsprung weight is probably 50 pounds for portal and bigger tires. Calls for upgrades in suspension parts front and back. No worries just plenty of options. I have portals as well the 4" Portals at 30% (more low end power). Wish all the toy add on stuff was less expensive but then if you wanna play... :cool:
What does the kit cost...with installation? Just curious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts