Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new guy here! I bought my first SxS back in march and love it. 2021 1000x4 my only add ons are rear view mirror, windshield, receiver hitch, and trunk enclosure. I’ve got a couple questions for anyone willing to answer. Lol

1. what are must haves (I’m new to the game)
2. Has anyone modified a bench seat to fit from a Polaris or can am? I’ve seen one other guy do one from a maverick
3. I’m looking at buying a whiskey bent 3” muffler tip but I’m nervous about a loss of power on low end. I removed the factory tip and spark arrestor just to see what it sounded like but I lost a little bit of power down low so I wasn’t sure if the 3” tip would do the same.
4. Has anyone put actual truck tires on their machines like an A/t or m/t
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000X-4
1 Posts
Gotta get some tunes! And a winch…..from there ride a while and see what people are running for your riding style and location. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2021 1000 X
45 Posts
Rear windshield to cut down on dust suctioning into cab.
Replace 2-ply factory tires...too thin for off-road trails. I went with dot approved 30" 10-ply and was surprised these also improved the ride. I also went with beadlock rims but you will want to avoid beadlocks if you ride on public roads (don't know of any dot approved beadlocks).
Spare tire and jack if you go remote or at the very least a good plug kit and compressor.
Replace factory skid plates if you expect to drag bottom.
Tunes. Better lights. Backup lights. Street legal kit.
Make damn sure your motor is pulling in clean air - the factory air intake on Talons is notorously bad and new air filters are expensive... as are motors.
Check all fluids frequently and change these per maintenance schedule.
I like having my accessories on a 2nd battery so battery, seperator, fuse block.
I only run non-ethanol, stabilized fuel (slightly better power, better mileage, less worry of water contaminated fuel).
Amsoil. Heat insulation between motor and cab. Hillbilly break. Hinged tailgate/bed extender. Basic tool kit.
The list goes on and on. Basically, read this forum, start with what you can afford and do some riding... you'll meet good and helpful people and will identify what you need most based on where and how you ride. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.