Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Talon 1000X-4 on 32" Carnivores
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here and likely will be asking a lot of questions that have been answered. So I apologize in advance.

I’m looking for the best solution to adding powered accessories, that are powered by the key, to my machine. It came from the dealer with a Winch already. I won’t mess with it’s wiring.

Over time I see myself adding lighting, maybe blinkers, already added an audio sound bar but it isn’t hardwired in yet. The lighting will be in the form of Led light bars and cubes, with various purposes.

So what is the cleanest way to add several accessories over time without ending up with wiring nightmare?

Machine is a 2022 Talon X-4.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Install a positive and negative bus bar or a fuse block under the hood. It can be powered to be "keyed on" by the blue connector that is located on the drivers side under the hood. It's attached to one of the cross braces in the upper part of the frame. To power and ground the bus bars or fuse block, use the heavy gauge wires that are currently powering the winch.

Rand

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m new here and likely will be asking a lot of questions that have been answered. So I apologize in advance.

I’m looking for the best solution to adding powered accessories, that are powered by the key, to my machine. It came from the dealer with a Winch already. I won’t mess with it’s wiring.

Over time I see myself adding lighting, maybe blinkers, already added an audio sound bar but it isn’t hardwired in yet. The lighting will be in the form of Led light bars and cubes, with various purposes.

So what is the cleanest way to add several accessories over time without ending up with wiring nightmare?

Machine is a 2022 Talon X-4.
There are lots of great videos on YouTube. Terry H did a great one where he added a secondary battery. That is another idea you could think about. That said, I added a second battery last winter on my 1000x-4 FLV along with a relay operated fuse block for keyed on accessories. I used the blue plug Honda has under the hood for keyed power that Rand just talked about to energize a 40 amp relay. I also used the heavy gauge wires that Rand talks about and put them on positive and negative post. from there I run through the relay to a fuse block. oing it this way I have a easy connection point under the hood for keyed-on power as well as power on all the time. Fulltime power works good for a dome light and the winch I installed. As you can see, I also added turn signals when I was doing all of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
A company called XTC makes some nice electrical accessories- fused keyed bus bars, blinker kits, etc. I used them and called with a question and they were very helpful.

Reactions: Kooch
1 - 4 of 4 Posts