Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
BTW, The kit will completely eliminate the OEM Intake resonator and will clamp directly to your air box. The stock intake is located inside the right rear fender well and lives in a extremely dusty environment all the time even if your riding alone because the right rear tire is sending dust up into that fender well and the air intake is sucking it in. If you notice mine is breathing in a much cleaner environment. Once done it will be the easiest thing to service on your Talon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes remove the stock riser where it clamps to the rubber boot, and clamp on the 3 inch pipe that comes with the kit
The Warrior installation instructions require the user to completely remove the stock Honda resonance stack?? If so that would kill the intake resonance tuning - kind of a reverse expansion chamber. That will cost hp and put a strain on the air induction system.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Warrior installation instructions require the user to completely remove the stock Honda resonance stack?? If so that would kill the intake resonance tuning - kind of a reverse expansion chamber. That will cost hp and put a strain on the air induction system.
Hi Hotsauce, yes it will affect intake noise, as far as HP reduction, removing the restriction and replacing the throttle body plate with a larger diameter one produces a very small bump in HP and torque. Enough that you may need to use a tuner with wide band to check AFR. You will definitely need the tuner if you couple it with a full performance exhaust system. The exhaust will add to the noise in almost all cases. So if you are concerned about noise do a comparison with a fellow rider that has the mod. Idiot, is spot on, getting the air intake up and out of the fender well is a definite positive and made the decision easy for me. In addition moved all of the vent lines to the top of the riser as well. Have fun and keep riding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Hotsauce, yes it will affect intake noise, as far as HP reduction, removing the restriction and replacing the throttle body plate with a larger diameter one produces a very small bump in HP and torque. Enough that you may need to use a tuner with wide band to check AFR. You will definitely need the tuner if you couple it with a full performance exhaust system. The exhaust will add to the noise in almost all cases. So if you are concerned about noise do a comparison with a fellow rider that has the mod. Idiot, is spot on, getting the air intake up and out of the fender well is a definite positive and made the decision easy for me. In addition moved all of the vent lines to the top of the riser as well. Have fun and keep riding.
Thanks BlueDog1210

I couldnt agree more that the intake being located in the wheel well is an engineering snafu.

"Removing the restriction"? Which Restriction?

It was my understanding, from discussions in several other forums, that the primary purpose of the Intake Resonance Stack was to enhance intake pressure wave tuning and any silencing of the intake was a welcome side effect that was icing on the cake. Do you have factory information otherwise?

So I am not concerned at all with noise. I am much more concerned with disturbing the intake tuning. If my information is correct then I would propose just cutting off the cap on top of the resonance stack and splicing onto the resulting pipe from there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks BlueDog1210

I couldnt agree more that the intake being located in the wheel well is an engineering snafu.

"Removing the restriction"? Which Restriction?

It was my understanding, from discussions in several other forums, that the primary purpose of the Intake Resonance Stack was to enhance intake pressure wave tuning and any silencing of the intake was a welcome side effect that was icing on the cake. Do you have factory information otherwise?

So I am not concerned at all with noise. I am much more concerned with disturbing the intake tuning. If my information is correct then I would propose just cutting off the cap on top of the resonance stack and splicing onto the resulting pipe from there.
Hi hotsauce number 2 -- The plastic resonance is not very precise at all if you are not worried about the noise then, by all means, replace the plastic and more importantly match the size of the throttle body. Take a look -- there is always room for improvement. Just not sure what the effect on airflow would be? In any case, please feel free to make your mods and post a picture of the results.

and
20200209_200814.jpg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts