Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I have left the Yamaha Wolverine Forum for the Honda Talon Forum, and a new Honda Talon 4 seater. We have debated this move for some time. We had 2 different Yamaha Wolverines, the first generation and an second generation R-Spec X2 2-seater. The seats were not that comfortable for us senior citizens, and the kidney buster door latch set up on the 2019 X2 was just not acceptable after a while. So we sold the X2 and dropped the hammer on the new Talon 4 seater. Our local dealer is a Honda and Yamaha dealer, we have always dealt with them for both ATVs and SXS UTVs in the past. Our new Talon is the base model where you have to adjust the shocks manually, but we will leave it in the soft mode for 90% of the time for the riding we do, and I can turn the adjustments manually if we need to tighten up the shock setting. I am looking forward to being a member of this forum and learning more about the Talon. This is not our first Honda SXS, we have also owned a Pioneer 700. Even though the Yamaha Wolverine X2 and the new Yamaha Wolverine Rmax 1000 have great 10,000 mile warranties on the belts, I like the Honda transmission rather then a belt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The wife and I have left the Yamaha Wolverine Forum for the Honda Talon Forum, and a new Honda Talon 4 seater. We have debated this move for some time. We had 2 different Yamaha Wolverines, the first generation and an second generation R-Spec X2 2-seater. The seats were not that comfortable for us senior citizens, and the kidney buster door latch set up on the 2019 X2 was just not acceptable after a while. So we sold the X2 and dropped the hammer on the new Talon 4 seater. Our local dealer is a Honda and Yamaha dealer, we have always dealt with them for both ATVs and SXS UTVs in the past. Our new Talon is the base model where you have to adjust the shocks manually, but we will leave it in the soft mode for 90% of the time for the riding we do, and I can turn the adjustments manually if we need to tighten up the shock setting. I am looking forward to being a member of this forum and learning more about the Talon. This is not our first Honda SXS, we have also owned a Pioneer 700. Even though the Yamaha Wolverine X2 and the new Yamaha Wolverine Rmax 1000 have great 10,000 mile warranties on the belts, I like the Honda transmission rather then a belt.
Welcome to the group. I'm from Lagrande

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Talon x head for about 18 months I've looked at that RMAX it's a really nice machine one of the things that I missed about my pioneer 700 was the utility bed. Riding trails you just can't beat the talon but I do like the RMAX. AND I LIKE THE PART ABOUT IT BEING A LITTLE OF BOTH WORLDS

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We will add a 4,500 lb winch and a 1/2 windshield plus rear view mirrors, also a rear cargo area 'extender', that will keep items from sliding out. Just waiting for the items to get here.

·
Registered
172 Posts
We will add a 4,500 lb winch and a 1/2 windshield plus rear view mirrors, also a rear cargo area 'extender', that will keep items from sliding out. Just waiting for the items to get here.
Check out Dirt Road Fabrications for a bed extender. I think they are in your neck of the woods. I bought one of Jared's extenders with a swing open tailgate and spare tire mount. The swing open gate makes it nice when loading a cooler or dog! We are able to fit our 85lb lab and 20qt cooler in the bed with room to spare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.