Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2021 Talon 4 seater, 'base' model. It does not have the live valve set-up, I can turn the valves on the shocks by hand before a ride, but 90% of the time it will be set soft. The wife and I are senior citizens, and are past the age when we want to see how high and far we can fly the machine, or how to climb the insane trails with couch sized rocks. We are from NE Oregon and ride mostly on old logging roads, and trails in the mountains. We go to the Sumpter, Oregon area a couple of times a year and ride the old rocky and steep trails to the old mines in the mountains, but the old bones don't like trails that are really rough anymore. We are adding a 4,500 lb winch, a 1/2 windshield, rear view mirrors and a rear cargo area 'extender' that keeps cargo from sliding out. I always pack a large tool type box with stuff such as a flat tire repair kit, small 12v air compressor, tow straps, small shovel, overnite survival gear, etc. Then we always pack a lunch and drink cooler, and an electric chainsaw. We hope the 4-seater will have a slightly better ride then our previous Yamaha R-spec X2 which had really uncomfortable seats, plus we can take friends or grandkids along if they want to go with the old geezers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just bought a new 2021 Talon 4 seater, 'base' model. It does not have the live valve set-up, I can turn the valves on the shocks by hand before a ride, but 90% of the time it will be set soft. The wife and I are senior citizens, and are past the age when we want to see how high and far we can fly the machine, or how to climb the insane trails with couch sized rocks. We are from NE Oregon and ride mostly on old logging roads, and trails in the mountains. We go to the Sumpter, Oregon area a couple of times a year and ride the old rocky and steep trails to the old mines in the mountains, but the old bones don't like trails that are really rough anymore. We are adding a 4,500 lb winch, a 1/2 windshield, rear view mirrors and a rear cargo area 'extender' that keeps cargo from sliding out. I always pack a large tool type box with stuff such as a flat tire repair kit, small 12v air compressor, tow straps, small shovel, overnite survival gear, etc. Then we always pack a lunch and drink cooler, and an electric chainsaw. We hope the 4-seater will have a slightly better ride then our previous Yamaha R-spec X2 which had really uncomfortable seats, plus we can take friends or grandkids along if they want to go with the old geezers.
I’m a 64 year old, but got a million miles and two back surgeries in Eastern Ky, just wanted to let you know someone read your post. We did get the 1000X Live Valve two seater...we ride same fashion as you...prob Average MPH is 12.... Hope you enjoy your Talon as much as my wife and I. 😇

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 67 and have the same set up as you and we also are not unhappy with our machine, mostly logging and forest service roads up on the Olympic peninsula. We do have HMF full exhaust and 30" tires but that's about it. Happy Trails

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.