Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Talon forum and have a 1000X Live Valve coming in. I reside and ride mostly in the Cable- Lake Namakagon area. Also have taken trips to the Black Hills.
I come from a 2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2. The Wolverine was a good machine but I wanted a better suspension and the Rmax wasn't doing it for me.
So it is time to start looking at accessories. I'm curious, what are the top upgrades and accessories that you recommend?

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
167 Posts
I also came off a 2019 Wolverine X2. The Wolv was a little go anywhere goat, but in going to the Talon what I wanted most was a suspension upgrade (I love the Live Valve!). As for upgrades: Wheels and tires were the biggest one for me. JsportSXS front bumper, spare tire carrier, 1.5" spacers for the back, and intrusion bar. Honda OEM skid plates, side and a-arm protectors, etc. Honda OEM light bar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also came off a 2019 Wolverine X2. The Wolv was a little go anywhere goat, but in going to the Talon what I wanted most was a suspension upgrade (I love the Live Valve!). As for upgrades: Wheels and tires were the biggest one for me. JsportSXS front bumper, spare tire carrier, 1.5" spacers for the back, and intrusion bar. Honda OEM skid plates, side and a-arm protectors, etc. Honda OEM light bar.
Thanks for the input. What size wheels and tires did you go with?
Excuse my ignorance... but what is an intrusion bar? Still learning the Talon.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
167 Posts
Tires and wheel can be very confusing, because there are so many different sizes and rim widths and offsets available. Most will choose to run the same tires/rims front and back, so the same spare will work all the way around (you will need 1.5" wheel spacers on the rear). I went with 30X10-15 Terra Master tires on Method 410 Bead Grip wheels (15X7" but can't recall the offset I chose), which seems to be a good all-around tire (DOT so it is street legal).

An intrusion bar is a safety device that helps keep large objects from coming into the cabin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.