Honda Talon Forum banner

Need opinions/suggestions

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Irishhunter 
#1 ·
New to the talon game and have some questions.

1. is anyone running back up cameras and if so is there some sort of reverse trigger you’re running them through

2. Seen front door speaker pods online, but nothing for the rear doors. Anyone have any rear door speakers installed or should i try and go some other way with audio

#2 ·
1. Wired cameras are suggested, the Talon has a lot of electronic interference and make wireless cameras not work well. Most wire them to a switch so they can use them anytime as a rear view mirror. The reverse trigger wire goes directly from the Sub Trans Position Switch to the ECU so directly tapping into that wire will most likely cause problems. It can be done but may require some double relays or electronic know-how beyond these forums.

2. No idea. The Talon is too noisy to hear anything else so I use headphones, intercom/radio and Bluetooth for a nice quiet ride, passenger/car-to-car conversation and music/Phone/GPS/etc. Expensive but well worth it in my opinion and I don't bother other riders with music they don't want to hear. Most annoying thing is listening to some jackass blasting their stereo down the trail trying to drown out their own machine noise. Making noise to cover up other noise is pointless.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.