Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this but hope someone on here can help me. Just installed inferno heater on my 2019 talon x. Heater works great, but now my i4wd light stays on. Also, speedometer just reads 0 and doesn’t change. Hill assist isn’t working and doesn’t shift up with the paddle shift. It will shift down but not up. Hooked my Dynojet tuner up to read diagnostics and no codes. Any suggestions? I’m going nuts trying to find this.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New to this but hope someone on here can help me. Just installed inferno heater on my 2019 talon x. Heater works great, but now my i4wd light stays on. Also, speedometer just reads 0 and doesn’t change. Hill assist isn’t working and doesn’t shift up with the paddle shift. It will shift down but not up. Hooked my Dynojet tuner up to read diagnostics and no codes. Any suggestions? I’m going nuts trying to find this.
A little more info. While installing the heater, I mistakenly unplugged the GREEN plug that leads to the hill assist switch. I have unplugged cleaned, applied dielectric grease and plugged back in a few times with no change. I think the problem is in this connection but don’t know how to check further. Any help is appreciated. Driving me crazy.

· Registered
384 Posts
post this over on Hondasxs forum, way more help and input.

but it does sound to me like there is still something unplugged\disconnected, grab a shop manual and see if the shift up is common to the speedo sensor, etc....sounds like 12v is missing or the inputs back are missing

· Registered
2 Posts
This will help you on how to read the codes. There is a procedure for reading the codes. Look at the site and it should help you to read the codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts