Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Honda Talon 1000X4 LV
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been on a search for the best way to seamlessly incorporate a tablet into the Talon dash and I think I finally have everything set up how I want it. You don't have to relocate anything and you can use this to control your Bluetooth speakers, cameras, run your off-road maps and it gives you MPH from satellite connection, etc. Check out my video for an overview. Also, check out the second video on my YouTube page - SXS Adventures - on how to set up a split screen setup pretty easily so you can run Maps and Backup Cam at the same time. This is on an Samsung Tab A 10.1" Android Tablet (I don't think its an option for iPads) and it also goes over how I mounted it to feel like its part of the machine. I am very stoked on this setup! The app costs a whopping $3.00 on the Google Play Store but it has a 30 day free trial of the FULL version so you can test it out in full to see if you like it. Well worth it! And if you only have an iPad, I would even say its worth it to buy an Android just for this setup!

And no, I don't work for any of these companies and am not promoting them. I'm just a dude trying to pass on useful info that took me a lot of trial and error to get right and I know a LOT of people have wanted something like this in their Talons!

I included the links below to the overview video, tablet mounts and even the WIFI Camera I got off of E-Bay for $21.99 (those E-Bay prices fluctuate) which works surprisingly well! The backup camera emits its own WIFI network that you connect to so a second camera would have a second WIFI network but I am working on how to get this set up with 2 and will upload a video once I do. Feel free to follow my YouTube Page if you're into it! I'm always trying to make things better on this damn money pit of a machine! 馃ぃ

Enjoy!
Josh Polk

Link to my setup video below:
AGAMA Launcher on Samsung 10.1 Tab A Tablet - Honda Talon 1000X4LV

Link to the car launcher on Google Play below:
AGAMA Car Launcher

Link to magnetic mounts below:
Magnetic Tablet Mounts

Link to WIFI Camera below:
WIFI BACKUP CAMERA

Audio equipment Gadget Measuring instrument Machine Auto part

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Very cool Josh!!! Waiting to get delivery of my 22 x2 supposedly in February. One of the first things I'll do to it.. Thanks
You got pricing and info on a '22 Talon? I just called some dealers in Wisconsin and they did not recieve and info from Honda yet. I'm looking for a '22 Live valve 2 seater and I'm drawing blanks from everyone.

Registered
@SXS Adventures , Josh, the SXS rack you are using in your truck bed...thoughts on it? Have you logged many miles? We have a bumper pull toy hauler, and I really don't want to invest in a 5th wheel yet. Plus, we have sport bikes, and I'm wondering if this set up would allow for all our toys to ravel together. (Sorry about high-jacking the tablet tread, which btw looks sooo kool. We do too much mud for a tablet to survive. Lots of water in Florida).
Thank you for any reply.

Registered
Hey all,

I have been on a search for the best way to seamlessly incorporate a tablet into the Talon dash and I think I finally have everything set up how I want it. You don't have to relocate anything and you can use this to control your Bluetooth speakers, cameras, run your off-road maps and it gives you MPH from satellite connection, etc. Check out my video for an overview. Also, check out the second video on my YouTube page - SXS Adventures - on how to set up a split screen setup pretty easily so you can run Maps and Backup Cam at the same time. This is on an Samsung Tab A 10.1" Android Tablet (I don't think its an option for iPads) and it also goes over how I mounted it to feel like its part of the machine. I am very stoked on this setup! The app costs a whopping $3.00 on the Google Play Store but it has a 30 day free trial of the FULL version so you can test it out in full to see if you like it. Well worth it! And if you only have an iPad, I would even say its worth it to buy an Android just for this setup!

And no, I don't work for any of these companies and am not promoting them. I'm just a dude trying to pass on useful info that took me a lot of trial and error to get right and I know a LOT of people have wanted something like this in their Talons!

I included the links below to the overview video, tablet mounts and even the WIFI Camera I got off of E-Bay for $21.99 (those E-Bay prices fluctuate) which works surprisingly well! The backup camera emits its own WIFI network that you connect to so a second camera would have a second WIFI network but I am working on how to get this set up with 2 and will upload a video once I do. Feel free to follow my YouTube Page if you're into it! I'm always trying to make things better on this damn money pit of a machine! 馃ぃ

Enjoy!
Josh Polk

AGAMA Car Launcher

Magnetic Tablet Mounts

WIFI BACKUP CAMERA

View attachment 3468

View attachment 3469

View attachment 3470

View attachment 3471
Thank you for sharing. Like your You Tube videos.

Registered
Hey all,

Enjoy!
Josh Polk

AGAMA Car Launcher

Magnetic Tablet Mounts

WIFI BACKUP CAMERA

View attachment 3468

View attachment 3469

View attachment 3470

View attachment 3471
Thanks for the info.. Where did you purchase the rack?

Registered
Hey all,

Enjoy!
Josh Polk

AGAMA Car Launcher

Magnetic Tablet Mounts

WIFI BACKUP CAMERA

View attachment 3468

View attachment 3469

View attachment 3470

View attachment 3471
Wow Josh! My friends think I'm a geek! I think I've been out-done! 馃槀 Thank you for the very nice write up with links etc. I'm definitely going to look into this. Well done my friend!

Registered
Honda Talon 1000X4 LV
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@SXS Adventures , Josh, the SXS rack you are using in your truck bed...thoughts on it? Have you logged many miles? We have a bumper pull toy hauler, and I really don't want to invest in a 5th wheel yet. Plus, we have sport bikes, and I'm wondering if this set up would allow for all our toys to ravel together. (Sorry about high-jacking the tablet tread, which btw looks sooo kool. We do too much mud for a tablet to survive. Lots of water in Florida).
Thank you for any reply.
Sorry I just saw this! I LOVE the SXS rack. The truck rides way better with the SXS and Travel Trailer loaded up. Plus we can set up camp and leave the TT to drive to the trails instead of having to take a toy hauler to a trailhead parking lot. And I prefer the TT to a 5th wheel toy hauler because they have more slides amd we have 4 kids and 4 dogs. That extra space is NEEDED lol! Bear Country Offroad put of Greeley, CO makes the rack.

Registered
Honda Talon 1000X4 LV
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry I just saw this! I LOVE the SXS rack. The truck rides way better with the SXS and Travel Trailer loaded up. Plus we can set up camp and leave the TT to drive to the trails instead of having to take a toy hauler to a trailhead parking lot. And I prefer the TT to a 5th wheel toy hauler because they have more slides amd we have 4 kids and 4 dogs. That extra space is NEEDED lol! Bear Country Offroad put of Greeley, CO makes the rack.
Oh and yes, about 2,500 miles with the rack and TT so far. No issues other than being afraid I'm going to drive under a bridge, powerline or something to short. The fear is real 馃ぃ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.