Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
98 Posts
Just toook an 80 mile ride and had a couple of tight turn a rounds, wow was that a breeze...never looked down loved it.

On the gear shift knob...Holy s..t I thought I was pulling the sword from the stone getting that dang thing off. I started to think I have got old and weak. Then I started rocking it a litttle. I'll be honest I worked up a sweat and had to rest a couple of times. It was like passing a bowling ball???
Me too !!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Add push pins to the list and you can get 50 for about 12 bucks at Reds Off-Road and I think SuperATV has them as well. Over time you will need some. The work fine 2 or 3 times after that not so much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Amazon sells the Honda Talon push pins, there pretty cheap! Also while your at it buy a push pin removal tool! Seems like I use mine at least three times a week latley!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Always be sure to shop around for the best prices, and make sure quality is the same. Sometimes cheap is cheap!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are few items that are must have items for any Talon Owner and they are all under $100.00

1. Shift plate from catechusa.com Honda Talon Gear Selector Shift Gate (Shiftgate)
View attachment 360
The shift plate is truly a marvelous upgrade. You no longer have to look down at the shiftier to move from forward to reverse or low to high range. You do have to bring car to stop and idle to change but that is same with stock. Makes moving in tight spaces a snap.

2. Hillbilly Brake
View attachment 359
The Hillbilly Brake or something like it should have been installed on every Talon. There is even an attachment point for it on both the R and X. Helps keep the car in place, helps when using a winch, has a place to secure brake with a lock. All a plus.

3. A service manual (Dealer or on line)
View attachment 362
I recommend the book -- handy reference in the garage.

4. Push Pin removal tool (any tool store)
View attachment 361
Pick up a couple of spare push pins at the same time form any parts store. Just bring one along to compare.

I do not work for any of the companies nor am I compensated in any shape, form or fashion.
I would also add on a fender extender/mud flap kit. Might save some cleaning time and keep rocks from blasting you through the netting

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have fender extension and you are correct especially with larger tires they help if you run in water or mud, not sure about sand but I would imagine they help there as well.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I used RoxBlokz for the fender extension and Mud Guard for the Talon Mud Guards -- covers the holes in the rear fender well -- had to modify them To fit CA rear end components.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There is another company Trail Armor, I bought their training arm guard from Trail Armor and was pleased with them, I believe they also do fender extensions.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Talon 1000R Live Valve
5 Posts
I just looked them up and they do sell them for about $60 more than RokBlokz and therefore about $100 more than MudBusters

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000r Turbo
15 Posts
I love my shift gate, yes it is pricey for what it is. I hated the way it shifted on the stock gate. Also i have read that some people are breaking the plastic on the stock gate, the aftermarket gates stop that. If you have stuff hitting the shifter then you have to much stuff in the cockpit lol

21 - 34 of 34 Posts