Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new 2021 TalonX with 46 miles on it. I am trying to narrow down issues we are having with it. It randomly chugs & will not shift as if the seatbelt is unbuckled but that is not the case. The seatbelt is fastened securely. It seems more like a transmission issue. The first time it happened at about 25 miles and it resolved itself. Yesterday I headed down the hwy with no issues, came to a stop sign and when I started to accelerate after the stop it started the issue again. I stopped, put it in park without shutting it off, put it back in gear and the issue went away for the duration of my drive home. In another forum we were instructed to check battery juice, ground connections, main ground on driver side motor, etc. We went through it & did not find an issue.

We took it out again today to try to recreate the issue & it did not happen however, the i4wd! light came on. Therefore, we immediately parked. I was so excited to get this machine but now I am extremely frustrated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We have a new 2021 TalonX with 46 miles on it. I am trying to narrow down issues we are having with it. It randomly chugs & will not shift as if the seatbelt is unbuckled but that is not the case. The seatbelt is fastened securely. It seems more like a transmission issue. The first time it happened at about 25 miles and it resolved itself. Yesterday I headed down the hwy with no issues, came to a stop sign and when I started to accelerate after the stop it started the issue again. I stopped, put it in park without shutting it off, put it back in gear and the issue went away for the duration of my drive home. In another forum we were instructed to check battery juice, ground connections, main ground on driver side motor, etc. We went through it & did not find an issue.

We took it out again today to try to recreate the issue & it did not happen however, the i4wd! light came on. Therefore, we immediately parked. I was so excited to get this machine but now I am extremely frustrated.
Hang in there, it could simply be an adjustment of the shifting lever, the manual is not clear but Honda suggest coming to a stop before going into 4x4 drive. You have a great machine, just keep screwing with it and you will be happy..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't speak for the i4wd light illuminating but I have had the chugging issue after washing the Talon and also just random times. Screwing with the seat belt seem to make it stop temporarily. I eventually installed a seat belt overide and the issue has not returned.

·
Registered
368 Posts
there is a seat belt jumper bypass you can buy to test or you cut wires\splice together if you plan to go to harnesses.

come to a complete stop when going from P to R to H to L, etc.

do not need to be at a stop to engage/dis-engage the i4WD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.