Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we had plans to ride Moab the second week of May during Rally on the Rocks, which of course has now been rescheduled until September. Since our May plans will most likely be squashed by the COVID 19, We rescheduled for Sept which just happens to be the week the ROTR event was rescheduled for. We really don’t care to be there during the rally, and don’t plan to participate in the rally events, but think it might be cool to check out the vendors etc.

my question is what’s the trail riding like during the rally if you’re not participating in the rally? Are any trails closed to nonparticipants? Are the trails so busy that you get held up behind the crowds? I’ve been to Moab once, not during ROTR, and it is a massive area with many near empty trails, but even there there was a fair amount of activity on the more popular trails like Fins nThings and Hells Revenge. Makes me wonder what they’d be like during the rally.

·
Vendor
208 Posts
If you time it right you can pull it off. When everyone rolls out on the guided rides, you come in and check out the vendors. Then, when those guys start rolling back in you load up and head out. Some of the main obstacles like Fins and Hell's Revenge get crazy backed up on the guided rides.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you time it right you can pull it off. When everyone rolls out on the guided rides, you come in and check out the vendors. Then, when those guys start rolling back in you load up and head out. Some of the main obstacles like Fins and Hell's Revenge get crazy backed up on the guided rides.
Pretty much what I was afraid of. I rescheduled for the following week!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts