Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my wife and I bought our 2020 Talon 1000R, we had the dealer make it street legal. That included a very nice rearview mirror mounted on the top front of the roll cage. It was perfect. Then we added a spare tire smack dab on the middle of the rear roll cage bars. Now I can see a very good view of my spare tire, and little else. So we added side view mirrors.

Now, this is our third SxS, and fourth ATV so we knew what was coming next. If there is a bush within 50 feet it hits the mirror and slaps it closed. And, I regularly hit my head getting in or out of the Little Red Car.

On a ride yesterday, and after resetting the mirrors for the third time that day, I decided to try something different.

I moved the right side mirror to the inside of the left roll cage riser, and visa versa with the left. It's not perfect, but I can see plenty good enough.

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
68 Posts
Hey guys, this is outside the mirror placement but that spare tire mount is the one I’m finding with my search’s. Can that mount go up hire? Giving you more then the 25” to bed clearance?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, this is outside the mirror placement but that spare tire mount is the one I’m finding with my search’s. Can that mount go up hire? Giving you more then the 25” to bed clearance?
Makona,

No, the tire mount is made so that it only fits the tapered roll cage in one spot. No higher, and no lower. I, too, would have liked it to sit a little higher for better clearance into my trunk box.

Arizona

1 - 5 of 5 Posts