Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 talon X - I've got what sounds like a metal to metal squawk behind drivers left shoulder - only occurs when going over really choppy terrain - driving me nuts. I've removed the roll cage and the doors and hardware - still squeaks - anyone else have this irritating noise?

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
I had a intermittent clicking noise which turned out to be a bad bushing on the door top support pipe.It was over my left shoulder .This bushing is nylon type plastic and cost 00 .75 . I replaced it myself, not wanting to wait a week for dealer and honda to look at. It was the top bushing and simple to replace. I wasn't sure this was the noise , but it turned out to be the source .The door was looser than the passenger side .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I've removed the door and all hardware completely and the noise is still there - ugh!:mad:

·
Registered
161 Posts
On such noises on different vehicles over the years I have sprayed silicone spray on different places where I suspect there is metal to metal contact and eventually I will find which place or metal joint it is because the sound will go away or change. Then I can figure out what it will take to fix it permanently since the silicone spray will not usually cure the problem for very long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.