Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on lower door inserts, Honda vs after market? Fit, finish, quality? I bought inserts off Amazon for a Rzr that were both cheap and fit really well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking for advice on lower door inserts, Honda vs after market? Fit, finish, quality? I bought inserts off Amazon for a Rzr that were both cheap and fit really well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Just pick up a stiff piece of cardboard and make a pattern to fit the door. Get a piece of aluminum and cut out a piece from the pattern you made. Just like making paper dolls when we were dum kids in school. Then get the piece powder coated in flat black and you got a panel for $ 35 bucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with Jefferson, the factory ones do not fit that well. On both the front and rear doors, I had to use a lot of weather strip to seal the gaps. At least they look like they belong.

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
Check it out. Waaayy better fit than the factory lowers.
Plus, I'll get you a nice discount for being a member. Shoot me a PM in you guys are interested.

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000r Turbo
25 Posts
My Honda lower door inserts fit nice, no gaps. Its all how you cut the door to make them fit. I like the Honda ones as the mold lines fits in with the body lines. Those others are flat and look funny to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased OEM Honda lowers doors and installed them correctly. I have a 1/2-3/4 gap around the bottom were meets the car body if this helps.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts