Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looking at their site it doesn’t look like they make one for the Talon yet, unless the Pioneer version works on the Talon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wrote Throttle Maxx and asked if they had a model for the Talon. They immediately replied saying they’re working on one and it should be out early next year. I asked them to hurry!! 👍

·
Registered
17 Posts
never noticed any issue under power but coming down the steep snowy rd I didn't like the way it shifted to 1st gear when I let off the throttle. In low range that is almost crawling, next time I'll put it in high range so 1st gear isn't so slow/low.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anyone have issues when driving at speeds between 8-20mph; not very smooth at speeds between 8-15; tried going to low, but too high for low and its was much more jumpy. I went to paddle shifters but still had some jumping back and forth in that range, any insight on how to make it a little more smooth.
In low speeds are over 50mph!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My main concern is under deceleration going downhill with the tranny downshifting in MT mode. I was led to believe by all the YouTube video reviews that when in MT mode the tranny would stay in whatever gear you selected. That is not true when going downhill or under harder deceleration which I'm not crazy about. My Elec Shift 2006 Honda Foreman stays in whatever gear I select. My Talon should do the same in MT!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The transmission always automatically downshift as you slow down to keep it in a gear that will prevent from hurting the transmission.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wrote Throttle Maxx and asked if they had a model for the Talon. They immediately replied saying they’re working on one and it should be out early next year. I asked them to hurry!! 👍
If you replace the tendor springs (upper springs) from Bandit it will devinately improve the throttle. Funny but the smoother ride does remove a lot of the jerking motion with your foot on the accelorator and wow what improvement in the ride as well. No spring compressor required took me about an two hours do do the job. The Bandit springs fix the problem without replacing both springs just the ones that are in coil bind expecially on the 1000x. Best $200.00 fix I have found.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts