Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues when driving at speeds between 8-20mph; not very smooth at speeds between 8-15; tried going to low, but too high for low and its was much more jumpy. I went to paddle shifters but still had some jumping back and forth in that range, any insight on how to make it a little more smooth.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only way to smooth it out 100% is to buy a rubber band machine and that is not a good trade off to me. I also own a 2017 Yamaha YXZ SS and it is more jumpy than the Talon. You will get better at managing it with more seat time, I also keep my foot up against the tranny tunnel ( yes i know there is not a tranny in there, just don't know how else to describe it) while you are pressing the accelerator pedal and that helps. May be the aftermarket will help us?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I keep it on auto and always manually up ship one gear. took me a little bit to get use to but now do it with out thinking about it , that and keep my foot pined on the side of the center console. Every time I accelerate I up shift a gear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone have issues when driving at speeds between 8-20mph; not very smooth at speeds between 8-15; tried going to low, but too high for low and its was much more jumpy. I went to paddle shifters but still had some jumping back and forth in that range, any insight on how to make it a little more smooth.
The solution is to hold your foot steady... This is not a machine problem. Push you knee and foot to the center console when going over bumpy terrain at slow speeds while keeping your heal on the floor. Your right pinky to should touch the wall next to it, if you do this it will be smooth.

This is a physics issue, you are bouncing around because of rough terrain so it is up to you to hold your foot steady... OR you can just hold it to the floor ;) yolo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
mikegriffin84
Honda Talon Forum
The largest Honda Talon forum including the 1000X, 1000R, 1000X-4, and FOX Valve. Honda's latest ATV, UTV and side-by-side.
Full Forum Listing