Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just recently purchased a used 2019 talon R. No issues getting it into low range at this point. Although I’ve only rode it for few minutes during a test ride and down the road at my house quick. I want to make sure I don’t have any issues and ruin something. What is the best procedure for putting it into low? Also from what I’m gathering there could be some assistance with ensuring low is engaged all the way with the help from a shift hate or cable adjustment. Is a shift gate a good purchase? Which works best? For the adjustment where are people getting the specs on what to adjust it to? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello all. Just recently purchased a used 2019 talon R. No issues getting it into low range at this point. Although I’ve only rode it for few minutes during a test ride and down the road at my house quick. I want to make sure I don’t have any issues and ruin something. What is the best procedure for putting it into low? Also from what I’m gathering there could be some assistance with ensuring low is engaged all the way with the help from a shift hate or cable adjustment. Is a shift gate a good purchase? Which works best? For the adjustment where are people getting the specs on what to adjust it to? Thanks in advance!
What I was told when I purchased my Talon (from the dealer) was to go into low range when at a stop - do not shift on move.
Shifting into 4WD can be done when moving but not under power or a load.
I do have a service manual and I would use that to make any adjustments...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Specs show 2mm of lever play from center at neutral. If you have problems going into low range your cable is out of adjustment. It's easily corrected.

I find that shifting quickly into low works best. Basically jam into Low. It it doesn't go and starts grinding, then immediately back out of Low and let he transmission settle down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.