Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
How are you liking it with the portals on it so far?
I've been thinking about doing 6" portals and 37's on one also. Haven't seen anyone locally to ask with the setup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it a lot! Couple small issues though, 37 inch tires will tear up your plastics in your wheel wells. I have also discovered that the super ATV 6 inch portal are made to run no larger than a 20 inch wheel and no larger than 36 “ tires with a 45% reduction. This information was given to me from super ATV. The machine I bought it already had the portals with the 37’s on 24 inch wheels. I would check with super ATV and get the information you need for your machine. As is mine would not be covered by warranty, the portals that is, because of the wheel and tire size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve never heard anything like that about the portals before.
i’m currently running 6” portals in my RZR I’m selling with 38” tall tires on 22x10’s and they’ve always warrantied anything without any hassles.

I like it a lot! Couple small issues though, 37 inch tires will tear up your plastics in your wheel wells. I have also discovered that the super ATV 6 inch portal are made to run no larger than a 20 inch wheel and no larger than 36 “ tires with a 45% reduction. This information was given to me from super ATV. The machine I bought it already had the portals with the 37’s on 24 inch wheels. I would check with super ATV and get the information you need for your machine. As is mine would not be covered by warranty, the portals that is, because of the wheel and tire size.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super ATV explained all of that to me. The reason I called them to ask about the portals was because the town is narrower in the rear end that in the front. The dealer custom built the machine but did not take into account for the offset of the rear wheels. I’m trying to find out if I can run some sort of spacer on the portal to widen the rear end at least an inch and a half to 2 inches on each side.By the way that’s a very nice machine as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
This was something I was wandering also, since I plan on doing the same thing to one soon.
Super ATV explained all of that to me. The reason I called them to ask about the portals was because the town is narrower in the rear end that in the front. The dealer custom built the machine but did not take into account for the offset of the rear wheels. I’m trying to find out if I can run some sort of spacer on the portal to widen the rear end at least an inch and a half to 2 inches on each side.By the way that’s a very nice machine as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ve never heard anything like that about the portals before.
i’m currently running 6” portals in my RZR I’m selling with 38” tall tires on 22x10’s and they’ve always warrantied anything without any hassles.
Say, did you by chance sell your razor? You ever visit hog waller?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been away for a little while, life is busy! But finally got in a little time for some riding! Not so shiny now

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts